Sticking with Gen 2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
No money, I bought a rental property instead that'll make me more money monthly than a truck. Besides my truck is in like new condition and has many upgrades. I'm only at 22K

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing on the Gen 3 worth me spending another $100k+ for, and the front end of the Gen 3 looks like someone wiped their ass with the face of a Gen 1(the Gen 1 aesthetically overall looks much better than Gen 3!). The Gen 3 resembles a neutered and refined Raptor to take to Starbucks....
Every new Gen of Raptor has previous Gen owners throwing shade on it. The same happened, only to a much worse extent, when the Gen2 was released. As I recall they created a completely different forum website for Gen2 owners because there was so much trolling back and forth (fordraptor2.com).

Last edited:

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Every new Gen of Raptor has previous Gen owners throwing shade on it. The same happened, only to a much worse extent, when the Gen2 was released. As I recall they created a completely different forum website for Gen2 owners because there was so much trolling back and forth (fordraptor2.com).
For different reasons. The Gen 2 was an all new truck - the hate mostly came from mouth breathers who felt like their manhood comes from a v8. Even though the Gen 2 was far superior in every way - all aluminum/composite body, 500lbs lighter, more HP, faster etc, etc etc. My gripe with the gen 3 is that it isn't different enough. And uglier. I don't hate it, it just isn't enough to justify the move, whereas the move from gen1 to gen 2 was enormous.

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For different reasons. The Gen 2 was an all new truck - the hate mostly came from mouth breathers who felt like their manhood comes from a v8. Even though the Gen 2 was far superior in every way - all aluminum/composite body, 500lbs lighter, more HP, faster etc, etc etc. My gripe with the gen 3 is that it isn't different enough. And uglier. I don't hate it, it just isn't enough to justify the move, whereas the move from gen1 to gen 2 was enormous.
I've had one of each now. I do think the Gen2 has the most aggressive look of any Gen. The biggest change in the exterior of Gen3 is the front grill which looks like a hybrid of Gen1 and Gen2. My Gen2 was tuned and a blast to drive, the ride on this one is more refined, and shifts are buttery smooth, but throttle response seems sluggish in comparison. I plan to tune it soon though.

Kurtj29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just FYI, I moved from Napa to Idaho in 2019. In California I was paying about $1000 per year to register my 2019 Raptor, in Idaho, it is 220 for two years. Same insurance company (AAA) is literally half, for move coverage. I owned a 1600 sq ft house in Napa and now own a 3000 sq ft in Idaho. In California my PG&E bill averaged about 500+, in Idaho it is less than $200. In California I paid about $12k for property tax on a house they said was worth $900k, in Idaho I bought a house for 1.1 million and I paid $6200 for property tax. I paid 9.4% in state income tax to California, in Idaho it is 6%. It is much safer and cleaner in Idaho, but it does get cold during the winter, however, I have never experienced a black out or inhaled smoke from wildfires in Idaho. Lastly, gasoline is about $1 less per gallon and almost everything is less expensive. Plus Idaho has a sales tax rebate!!…..sorry to get you started!
My gosh, shut up. I plan to move to Boise in 2 years.

I was shopping both the Gen 3 and 2.

Gen 2 front end looks better, not a fan of the Gen 3 front end. Extra $40K for Gen 3 no way worth it.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Every time I go back to Commiefornia for anything I am excited to return to Texas. 91 is expensive garbage there, and 93 here is great.
And it's going to get even more expensive on the left coast. You might even see lines at the pump. Those morons passed an "anti-gouging" law. Ain't nobody going to order or produce more gas if they can't make a killing doing it. This could be fun to watch. Those dipshìts deserve every bit of it.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn my daughter was going to go to Puget Sound... I really liked it, but I was only there for a day and a half. She went elsewhere.

pavendort

Reaction score
And it's going to get even more expensive on the left coast. You might even see lines at the pump. Those morons passed an "anti-gouging" law. Ain't nobody going to order or produce more gas if they can't make a killing doing it. This could be fun to watch. Those dipshìts deserve every bit of it.
Truth.