Sticking with Gen 2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cstrickland

Reaction score
So, with the Gen 3 being out a few years now…. I’m curious to know why you would stick with your Gen 2 vs going with the Gen 3? I’m looking into getting both -I’ve been looking into it for years and I’ve asked the Gen 3 thread if they would have stick with their Gen 2’s or if they’re happy. On the thread I received all great Gen 3 feedback. I also got messages sayin they wish they would have stuck with their Gen 2’s. So tell me - why are you sticking with Gen 2 and not making the switch? Or at least waiting to make the switch?

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Supercab is why i am staying. My truck is so nimble on and off road, i’ve driven Screws and it has always made me happy I stuck to my Supercab. In my opinion they just feel different. I know it’s vague but that’s my gut talking.
Exact reason we have kept ours SCAB. If we would have had a SCREW probably would've upgraded to Gen3.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im two pour 2 a ford it
the ADMs are more than i make in a year

But seriously the Gen 2 already has more tech than i need, i came from a 2004 f150 and an xlt ranger. I dont see the huge interior jump between 2 & 3 others see, and i prefer the mix of real gauges and screen the gen 2 has (or the new gen xlts). I personally think all digital gauges look cheap. I was actually thinking of getting a gen juan for cheaper, but man finding one without rust even in fl is a struggle. Brothers raptor nearly fell apart from rust, not even a spec of rust on my Lightning from 2004.

Wish i had the gen 3 suspension though, but im pretty close with eclik and live valves.

Unless this gen gives me loads of trouble i plan on keeping it. Plus performance blue best blue.

Unrelated im surprised Terrain hasnt made a comeback yet, was my favorite colors on the Gen 1s, too bad they didnt come on the SE ones

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
same here, a scab or nothing ! I juste regret to not have rear gen3 suspension with independant link, it's the only thing I miss on mine . May, one day i will put independant suspension...
Also, prices of gen3 are too high...Market is beacame crazy...

Sunchild714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've invested too much into my Suspension. Not worth giving It all up for what I consider minor upgrades. Plus I plan on throwing a Coyote in it at some point.