Stereo Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Just picked the truck up today. The system sounds incredible. The 13.5 does not hit like a couple of 12”s or a trio of 10’s under the seat, but it blows the stock sub out of the water. As far as the Focals all I can say is wow. So crisp and clean.

Do think you’d have been better served with dual 10’s or 12’s instead?
edit to add - behind the seat.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dual 10” or single 12” box interferes with the seats folding up. I was not willing to lose that function. Also I am not a teenager any more and don’t particularly care about rattling my windows. But don’t misunderstand what I am saying. The 13.5 sounds great. It just does not have the same punch that running those options would have.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
The dual 10” or single 12” box interferes with the seats folding up. I was not willing to lose that function. Also I am not a teenager any more and don’t particularly care about rattling my windows. But don’t misunderstand what I am saying. The 13.5 sounds great. It just does not have the same punch that running those options would have.

... I’m having a hard time understanding how the dual 10 box or single 12 box interferes with the seat - I can clarify this with M/T, don’t get me wrong.

Is the depth more on those boxes?

I definitely want more punch - I’m running the Kicker 8” pushed by a 300w Kenwood now, but stock sony stereo. Like you though, I’m not able to sacrifice any in cab area, so no under the seat subs.

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... I’m having a hard time understanding how the dual 10 box or single 12 box interferes with the seat - I can clarify this with M/T, don’t get me wrong.

Is the depth more on those boxes?

I definitely want more punch - I’m running the Kicker 8” pushed by a 300w Kenwood now, but stock sony stereo. Like you though, I’m not able to sacrifice any in cab area, so no under the seat subs.

The back of the seat has steel structural ribs that stick out. The seat bottom doesn’t just fold up, the seat back moves with it, up and back. When you fold the seat up, the space behind the seat decreases. In the case of the single box, it’s just wide enough to fit the 13tw5 enclosure but not too wide to hit the ribs on the back of the seat. An enclosure with 2 10’s or 12’s would require the length of the back wall. Then you immediately run into the ribs on the back of the seat and now your seat won’t fold up properly and you crush the box/speaker in the process.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Got it! that makes perfect sense. Thanks!

jwrueda

Reaction score
I have the Mobile Toys behind the seat box with 2 JL Audio 12’s and my seat locks fine both up and down. I know my installer slotted the seat mounting holes a little to allow the seat to move forward but it was not much and you can’t even see it once installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well sh*t wish I knew that before I bought the single. Out of curiosity where did you put the amps?

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn what a fantastic install. Now I am wishing I had gone that route instead of the single 13.5. Which power amps are you running?