Stereo Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any dealings with Morel Tempo speakers? I had my Jeep Wrangler done with FOCAL and it was amazing, but that was more that i wanted decent sound when i had the top off. I have focals put in front and soundbar with a amplified sub in the back and 5 channel amp. Was very satisfied with that. For the Raptor i just looking for an upgrade to what i think is a horrible B&O speaker system. Probably gonna just start with the fronts and a sub box under the seat. When switching out the fronts, to most folks just go away from the 6xx9's and go 6.5 instead. Is that an easy install for any stereo shop? They charged me an arm and a leg for my jeep install....i'm not trying to spend my entire income tax check on install fees.

and is it best to always go with 2 way up front if thats all i'm changing at the moment.
Morel Tempo

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Switching 6x9s to 6.5s should not tax any decent installer at all. The main reason to go back with 6.5s is you have so many more options to choose from...many top-line companies don't even make 6x9s. 6x9s have more surface area/move more air, but the ovoid shape does not distribute the forces evenly, like a 6.5 round driver will, and can cause durability issues in upgraded amp situations. I think a 2-way component set is fine for these trucks, but there are some who have gone back with 3ways. That's going to result in a custom housing for the mid-driver (and often the tweeter) to get it out of the footwell, and is probably overkill for all but the most dedicated audio guys. The 2-way Boston Acoustics A100s I bought in 1985 are still some the best sounding loudspeakers I've ever had. But, hey, it's all about what you want.

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
which i guess begs the point.........why are we still putting them into a 2018 product that costs 70K...ugh.

Thx lawdog for all the info...very much appreciated.

jwrueda

Reaction score
2 ways will sound fine and agree the adapter to convert the factory door hole is easy. Way more quality choices in the 6.5 form factor. Actually 3 ways fit fine with no door panel modifications as well. Here’s a pic on my 3 ways going in. Tweeters just went in the factory pillar location. Truck looks stock once done. With subs behind the seat vs under it you can’t even tell it has a system by looking at it.d7793920fc4645d1e67ba4324355440c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Raptorx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny, ironic or timing, but a buddy of mine called me to tell me that a show was on Velocity(channel 281 on directv) called All Girls Garage is putting in a stero system on an 18 F-150. I know it's not a Raptor but cool anyway. They are also putting on some other stuff also. It's season 7 episode 11/ "Drive Pink"

OP
OP
R

Raptorx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny, ironic or timing, but a buddy of mine called me to tell me that a show was on Velocity(channel 281 on directv) called All Girls Garage is putting in a stero system on an 18 F-150. I know it's not a Raptor but cool anyway. They are also putting on some other stuff also. It's season 7 episode 11/ "Drive Pink"

Well, not as informative as I thought it was going to be.