Stereo Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I want to upgrade my system in my 18 Raptor (Screw) I have been reading many post in the forum and trying to get my head wrapped around it all. Lots of choices, maybe to many. Based on what others have said here I called Mobile Toys and got a quote for a system. I would welcome any advise or other recommendations. I listen to Heavy Metal and Hard Rock about 80% of the time. I have attached a list of speakers, subs, etc that was recommended.

Would this be a good setup or should I be looking at other options?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Attachments

• Stereo.pdf
    214.6 KB · Views: 164

jwrueda

Reaction score
I did a similar system through Signature Audio in Scottsdale, AZ. They used the Mobile Toys behind the seat box which I wanted as I did not want to give up under seat storage. I did (2) JL 12s, Blam Audio Signature S165.300 3 ways in front and S165.100 two ways in rear with a JL VX1000 and VX800 amp. Navtv, bass knob, sound mat, etc.. It sounds amazing for all music types. If you are mostly hard rock the 10's will work fine, the 12's are mostly a fun factor upgrade... My music is all over the place and this system can do it all...

OP
OP
R

Raptorx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a similar system through Signature Audio in Scottsdale, AZ. They used the Mobile Toys behind the seat box which I wanted as I did not want to give up under seat storage. I did (2) JL 12s, Blam Audio Signature S165.300 3 ways in front and S165.100 two ways in rear with a JL VX1000 and VX800 amp. Navtv, bass knob, sound mat, etc.. It sounds amazing for all music types. If you are mostly hard rock the 10's will work fine, the 12's are mostly a fun factor upgrade... My music is all over the place and this system can do it all...

That sounds like a great setup, congrats. I agree I don't want to lose my under seat strorage either. I assume the VX1000 is to power the subs?

OP
OP
R

Raptorx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem is I am a long way from Texas to have Mobile Toys do the install. I called a few local shops and to be honest I am not getting the warm fuzzies on there ability to install correctly. I asked every shop about the Navtv and only one shop kinda knew a little about it. He also quoted me on the Infinity Perfect speakers for the doors said he would go with those and said he was going to put componet in front and back, not sure about that??? Anyone have any experiance with the Infinity speakers compared to the Focal?