GEN 1 Stereo Probs!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jason hartley

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just Purchased a Gen1

And the stereo wont work It just say Entertainment Unavailable, the phone wont even play
music or bluetooth speaker, ive tried to reset back to factory settings but still nothing

Every thing else works fine just the music and sound wont come through or even a radio option to scan

Please help
Jay

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The year would be helpful, and do you have the navigation? Sounds like maybe the head unit is bad...

OP
OP
J

jason hartley

Reaction score
Hi Sozzy

its 2014 with Nav, but thats not showing a map just a arrow on a white back round, phones working
and heaters but nothing else

jason

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you checked for any sync updates? Search this forum for instructions... Been a while since I did it.

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just did a Sync update on my 2012, using cd's I got from the dealer. It seems to have worked. If the whole system was doing what yours is, I'd be taking it in and let the computer geeks work on it.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just Purchased a Gen1

And the stereo wont work It just say Entertainment Unavailable, the phone wont even play
music or bluetooth speaker, ive tried to reset back to factory settings but still nothing

Every thing else works fine just the music and sound wont come through or even a radio option to scan

Please help
Jay

Time for you to upgrade to Sync3
Ciao !

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been there done that
Do a search

I have a 2013 with Sync3
Full camera function front and rear

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The sync systems are different between a 2012 and 2013. 2013-2014 it is much easier.

2012 and previous not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pk64f100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What can we do if anything to upgrade 2011 Sync? I have Nav, iPhone sync, CD/DVD, Sat/AM/FM
It is ok but would love apple play. Are there any options? I heard something about an IPAD but know nothing about it Thank you