Steering Wheel Wear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sonicsunspot

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone did post a beautiful interior that they gloss blacked all the grey texture paint. Ive been debating it, the gloss black trim in the wifies odyssey looks sweet, and I think I'd prefer slick gloss over the wierd texture they put on the center console, radio bezels and whatnot

this is what i put on the wheel. meh fitment (creaks a bit still if you push on certain areas) but looks great
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C2NLCRS/?tag=fordraptorforum-20
My 2013 FX4 had the same dull grey trim inside and it discolored too. Guess I will start shopping carbon fiber type upgrades. That steering wheel overlay doesn’t look to shabby.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a suggestion or point to consider, but I've seen similar on other makes where hand sanitizer had either stripped off the finish completely, or softened the finish enough to GREATLY accelerate wear. Because of this I not only keep sanitizer in the door pocket, but a microfiber rag to dry hands afterward. Don't know if this has anything to do this case or not.

BUGGOUT

Reaction score
Eeeek! Can always buy a new one from a vendor on here or order some carbon fiber film and put that on.
Hey brother, I ordered (Amazon) a carbon fiber stick on piece that surrounds that area of the wheel, and looks amazing! That would solve the problem and look way better.

OP
OP
Sonicsunspot

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a suggestion or point to consider, but I've seen similar on other makes where hand sanitizer had either stripped off the finish completely, or softened the finish enough to GREATLY accelerate wear. Because of this I not only keep sanitizer in the door pocket, but a microfiber rag to dry hands afterward. Don't know if this has anything to do this case or not.
That’s a great point - high alcohol content I suppose is a solvent and probably weakens the finish.
Damn COVID.