GEN 2 Steering wheel tactile click when turning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USCxGAMECOCK

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm back again with more issues with the Raptor. I'm on the verge of just selling it but I really don't want that. Anyway, I'm the guy who has had a rodent chew my wiring harness twice this year(Totaling over 6K in damage). I got the truck back last week and have noticed two distinct things.

1. The downshift from 4th to 3rd is... aggressive... It's rough. I'm chalking that one up to replacing the hardness and the shifting adaption needs to happen again(I hope).

2. The more annoying thing is with my steering wheel. When I turn it, sometimes, a lot of times, it makes a clicking feeling. I don't believe it's really audible, you just feel it. It feels almost like there is a piece of something that it gets caught on when turning. It's kind of difficult to explain.

Now, none of these things were present prior to taking into the shop. He showed me a little bit of what they do when they replace these harnesses and the entire interior is stripped. I'm talking no dash, no seats, no carpet, nothing. Each time i've gotten the truck back it just doesn't feel "right." but I'm pretty sure that's just in my head. This time though, these issues are very present. Does anyone have any idea's on the steering wheel? I don't believe it to be the clock spring. I'm coming to you guys before I have to take it back because the dealership is a lot like a doctor's office. You can set an appointment, but they'll get to you whenever they feel like it.