Steering Wheel Radio Controls wrong mapping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have found that if I give a solid thump 1626963361963.png to the steering wheel just above the switches they start working correctly again, at least for a while. I assume this means the issue is definitely in the switch pack and not something more sinister.

Reaction score
I went ahead and disassembled the switches, cleaned them up with some isopropyl alcohol and now they seem to be working well. I didn't see anything obviously dirty when I took it apart but either the cleaning or the disassembly/reassembly seemed to have helped.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2017 Raptor has recently started having a mind of it's own with the steering wheel radio controls, volume up selects the voice control, side to side sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.

Seems like a common issue with older ones but I don't find as much for the newer ones.

Is the only solution to replace the control?
My 2018 started doing this intermittently right before I sold it, and right after I had it detailed to sell. I think some dirt/liquid cleaner got in there.