Steering wheel issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Attackpilot

Reaction score
So I have had my steering whee replaced twice now. The leather stripe on top the first time changed from orange to red. The second time similar issues but had a small hole. I am again having issues. This is currently what it looks like after 3 months. My question is am I over reacting or should I have the dealership fix this? upload_2020-9-4_12-28-56.jpeg

FDHog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a steering wheel. It's a high contact area and will show wear. Don't use a death grip on the wheel.
You should see what the GT350 steering wheels look like after a few months. Get a carbon fiber replacement.
BTW, I think the stripe should be red.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
It's a steering wheel. It's a high contact area and will show wear. Don't use a death grip on the wheel.
You should see what the GT350 steering wheels look like after a few months. Get a carbon fiber replacement.
BTW, I think the stripe should be red.
It's not a GT350, it's a truck. Even if it was, it looks like shit. I doubt a 350 owner would be impressed either.
I had mine replaced because it had a funny lump under the leather I noticed a year into ownership. No questions asked on that deal.

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2017 with 24k miles shows serious wear at the top, not just the strip. I mostly hold the wheel in the bottom right which is odd. Called the dealership today to order the 18 wheel with the raptor logo on the bottom. They were adamant the wheel wouldn't work. Anyone have any insight if it will or not?

Spike Spiegel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have and 18 wheel without the raptor at the bottom and I changed to a 19 with the raptor on the bottom and everything is fine. I just had to use my old cruise control buttons.

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have and 18 wheel without the raptor at the bottom and I changed to a 19 with the raptor on the bottom and everything is fine. I just had to use my old cruise control buttons.

thats what i assumed from all my research all weekend. thank you