Steering wheel controls

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 1]' started by Tx State, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Tx State

Tx State Full Access Member

So I know this is a known issue and tried to dig around but can find anything that will fix it. At random times my volume and channel change buttons will not work. The volume button will some times change the channel and vise versa. Its not all the time but often enough to be annoying. I have gotten the steering wheel controls at the dealer once already and it did not fix the problem. Any thoughts?

2. EricM

EricM FRF Addict

Odd the replacement didn't fix it. I'm about to replace mine. You are the first I've seen that says they still had the issue after replacement. Maybe you got a bad switch right out of the box.

Amazon has the best price as usual => https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B004J2OPP6

3. Tx State

Maybe the dealership that did it messed up some how. I just know I'm tired of it messing up lol like I said its not all the time but when it does it its annoying.

4. iateajeep78

iateajeep78 Member

I've had mine replaced twice already. The last time being about 6 months ago. And its starting to act up again. This time, the lights for the controls flicker while turning the wheel. I was told it was the wiring inside the steering column...?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019 at 9:55 AM
  5. Tx State

I just wish there was a easy fix for this.