Steering wheel controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rkienzle

Reaction score
i have sent my truck to Ford once already on this issue and am sending it again they cannot seem to figure out what it is.

the steering wheel control lights on my truck do not work most of the time unless i push the steering wheel to the left or push on the left side of the steering wheel. the controls themselves still work even when the lights don't.

any ideas i can take them?

Last edited:

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
send it back till they get it right.. i know its frustrating but hey use the shit out of that warranty that you paid so much for!!

D

Deleted member 12951

It's obvious that there is a short. They should be able to figure it out. Do you have other dealer choices where you are?

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a couple of electrical connectors when you take the plastic off. The is also the clock spring which controls the wiring in the steering wheel. Imagine a clock spring and you have the wiring to allow the steering wheel to turn. Did they take the steering wheel off to check the wiring? If they can't find it, that could be curious. If there is a problem with the wiring loom that plugs into the sides of the steering column then that will be an expensive time consuming job replacing the harness. If it is just the clock spring that's an easy 1 hour job.
Here's a post I did that shows the steering wheel removal that shows everything I just explained.

Mil T

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f170/raptor-steering-wheel-removal-17722/

OP
OP
R

rkienzle

Reaction score
they have already replaced the clock spring once. it seems to happen more when the temperatures are well below 0 degrees celsius.