Steering Wheel Controls Backlighting Color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTRap

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a question for you Gen 2 guys.

I recently installed the Ford Performance Raptor steering wheel in my 2013 and was wondering if the factory backlighting color on your steering wheel controls was blue instead of cyan like the rest of the interior? Not a whole lot of gen 2s in my neck of the woods so I haven't been able to stalk anyone to ask.

Here's a pic of my interior for reference and thanks in advance to anyone who might humor me:20200803_221748.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
SVTRap

SVTRap

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll have to look and see if it's just the colored rubber seal that dictates the hue and if there is a difference in switch part numbers.

Thanks again!

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They look the same color to me.............but I'm colorblind so........

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your color blind do you get a free pass to blow through yellow lights, I mean amber lights as I have been told by my local police?

The person who could probably answer the question about the lighting would be FordTechOne

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your color blind do you get a free pass to blow through yellow lights, I mean amber lights as I have been told by my local police?

The person who could probably answer the question about the lighting would be FordTechOne

I wish. My wife for Christmas bought me a pair of colorblind sunglasses. It was the first time in 60 years that I could see what red really looked like and damn is it bright! I can now see a difference between blue and purple!

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I wish. My wife for Christmas bought me a pair of colorblind sunglasses. It was the first time in 60 years that I could see what red really looked like and damn is it bright! I can now see a difference between blue and purple!
That’s pretty cool. My good friend is colorblind also and was thinking about getting him a pair also. Do you wear them daily now?