Steering wheel click 2018 raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davclayton

Reaction score
Turning the steering wheel to the left past 12 o’clock I can feel a click. Does not happen turning to the right. Sometimes after a hard rain it seems to be less for a little while. My gut tells me something needs to be lubed. This is a 2018 with all the upgrades I am the second owner.

OP
OP
D

davclayton

Reaction score
Springs are black and appear to be stock.

Click is more of a feeling in your hand than audible noise. I have not been outside the truck while wheel is turning. What is the best way to test?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Springs are black and appear to be stock.

Click is more of a feeling in your hand than audible noise. I have not been outside the truck while wheel is turning. What is the best way to test?
Then that is most likely between the wheels, could be a few things, such as ball joints, sway bar end links. You need to jack up one side at a time and do some testing.

OP
OP
D

davclayton

Reaction score
After I jack up one front wheel should I have someone turn the wheels back and forth and I look for a sticking part or noise from the outside?

dblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a similar issue with a small click in the steering wheel, but also get an occasional pop from the front end after turning full lock. Two dealerships and one off road shop have looked at it and continue to tell me everything is fine/normal.

OP
OP
D

davclayton

Reaction score
My click is louder (more pronounced) in 4 wheel high. This weekend I am going to do some testing. Still not sure if it is in the cab or engine area.