Steering wheel alignment stripe gone!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok @Airic it's pretty simple. The old strip has three stitches in it so cut them and remove the strip. Use that as a template for the length to cut the new material. I made mine a little wider so what I did was measured the width and doubled it so that when you fold the two edges in length wise they meet in the middle of the strip. I used fabric glue and coated the underside of the material, then folded both sides in to the center point and sandwiched it in the middle of a large book for about an hour to crease the edges and give the glue time to dry. Then is just a matter of stretching it around the wheel and restitching it the was it was when you removed it. I used a thicker curved needle with red upholstery thread which is thicker than normal thread. If you're using regular thread I would just double it up on the needle.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 315
OP
OP
A

Airic

Reaction score
That does seem pretty simple, I might give this a try. Since I'll be replacing the stripe I might have to replace it with the color BLUE... Not only to be custom but also to match the blue paneling I have on my interior.

Thanks for the help.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That does seem pretty simple, I might give this a try. Since I'll be replacing the stripe I might have to replace it with the color BLUE... Not only to be custom but also to match the blue paneling I have on my interior.

Thanks for the help.

Ya I think blue would look pretty good. Another member changed his to yellow when he did it and it looked good too. I'm pretty sure Joann Fabrics had a blue vinyl also. Make sure to post a pic of the blue when you're done.

farman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep I did yellow, and it's so easy I recently switched it to orange to match my new color scheme. (Don't mind the ****** pic it looks much better in person)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 263

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep I did yellow, and it's so easy I recently switched it to orange to match my new color scheme. (Don't mind the ****** pic it looks much better in person)

Ya that's it, it was you lol. Well what the hell where's the pic of the orange one? The yellow is old news now lol.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think Joann has red, blue, yellow, orange, gray and some others.