Steering Vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr Racecraft

I’ma need about 3.50
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree with checking U joints on the drive shaft, they typically vibrate under lower speed like starting from a stop bc that’s when the most torque is being placed in them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Paravitium

Paravitium

Reaction score
Thank you all for the input, I’ll check these things on or have a driveline shop do it. Obviously the people the dealers around me (Minneapolis, MN) employ are missing something major. I ordered the new ADD pro wheels to eliminate the chance my methods are causing the issue. I recently replaced the front wheel bearings so perhaps I have a dual issue.

OP
OP
Paravitium

Paravitium

Reaction score
Also, the shake and shudder is present without throttle (just coasting, even in neutral).

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting development... I took my truck to a local office complex with big smooth parking lots and I did some investigating. At very light acceleration, my whole truck shakes from 20mph to about 40. If I maintain any speed in that range with light throttle, the truck shudders. So that’s new.. has to be driveline related? Also, on the way home, I switched from 2h to awd to 4h and then back to 2h while cruising at about 50mph.. after doing that, I was coasting towards a stop sign and I heard a loud clunk or slapping noise up front at about 10mph. Sounded like something popped into place? No change in vibration tho. It seems as though now the wheel oscillation comes and goes in waves as I drive, now that I’ve been messing with awd and 4h.. my truck is almost always in 2h

I had a similar issue the front left axle needed replaced... Twice lol

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh wow, how did Ford diagnose it?

The boot had actually seperated, it never tore just came out from under the clamp, from the hub side of the axle the first time and from the engine side of the axle the second time. But in awd when I'd give it gas it would grind and vibrate in the steering wheel. It was constant in 4H. And there was an audible click/pop from outside the truck with the windows down.