Steering racks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also noticed this on both lower control arms while I was underneath the truck. Fml

View attachment 166949
Don't worry about the lower control arm stoppers, mine were ground off when I added aftermarket rims, and adjusted my shocks, it's to stop the rubbing, don't lose sleep on that. Over 10 years ago now, no issues.

OP
OP
Socalbeachbum

Socalbeachbum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about the lower control arm stoppers, mine were ground off when I added aftermarket rims, and adjusted my shocks, it's to stop the rubbing, don't lose sleep on that. Over 10 years ago now, no issues.
Can I lose sleep over the steering rack? Lol. It appears that it may have been from a 2017 raptor...I’m concerned about a future warranty claim.. but not sure how much of an issue I should make about it.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
it could be a different part number. I'd have a dealer run a search for a replacement rack for your vin. If it comes back different than what you have, its a problem.

The only way that the bolt would just "spin and spin and spin" is if they hit the bolts with one too many "ugga duggas" and spun the captive nut that is molded into the bushing.

the steering stops showing abrasion is not cause for concern.

btw, the part numbers shared are not raptor part numbers. those are f-150 part numbers. Raptor steering racks come back as a "phantom" PN and are unique to Raptors.

OP
OP
Socalbeachbum

Socalbeachbum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it could be a different part number. I'd have a dealer run a search for a replacement rack for your vin. If it comes back different than what you have, its a problem.

The only way that the bolt would just "spin and spin and spin" is if they hit the bolts with one too many "ugga duggas" and spun the captive nut that is molded into the bushing.

btw, the part numbers shared are not raptor part numbers. those are f-150 part numbers. Raptor steering racks come back as a "phantom" PN and are unique to Raptors.
Well shit...

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

******** websites, it even says Raptor for the vehicle, but i've heard that about rockauto having the wrong parts. You'd think if he has a rack from a 2017, that wouldn't be the same one he has either, but.... I agree talk to Ford...

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
******** websites, it even says Raptor for the vehicle, but i've heard that about rockauto having the wrong parts. You'd think if he has a rack from a 2017, that wouldn't be the same one he has either, but.... I agree talk to Ford...

I usually toss the part numbers from other sites into the search on parts.ford.com to verify that its compatible with my Vin. ( I've had an account for a long time and have my in saved on the site to make it easy. )

If the result comes back and it isn't clear, I call my local dealer and ask the parts guy for the appropriate part number.