GEN 1 Steering Rack Replacment - Notes and Info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok cool. They replied and said they only have a 850 PSI pump.

Lets take a look at your dead rack. See if we can make it better our self.

The part if someone could chime in, is what does the HOWE pump do to the stock rack? I know vibrates but how and what?

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok cool. They replied and said they only have a 850 PSI pump.

Lets take a look at your dead rack. See if we can make it better our self.

The part if someone could chime in, is what does the HOWE pump do to the stock rack? I know vibrates but how and what?
@RLTW, see above.

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sooo I think I may have a fix for the howe pump issues. M3 it just causes the high pressure line to vibrate like a guitar string and is annoying. System still seems to work great. Anyone here have a howe that vibrates/noisy hit me up and I want to install some new things on it to see if I can fix the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@RLTW, see above.

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )

I'm tired of talking with people about this kit, I tell people it's poorly conceived and then they want to argue about it. I'm over giving input other than a simple don't waste your money.

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Sooo I think I may have a fix for the howe pump issues. M3 it just causes the high pressure line to vibrate like a guitar string and is annoying. System still seems to work great. Anyone here have a howe that vibrates/noisy hit me up and I want to install some new things on it to see if I can fix the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And it has dead spots.

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at replacing my steering rack. Looks like passenger side boot is leaking. At the same time I will also be installing a reservoir and cooler (finally).

Upon research I have come up with two different part numbers:

- CL3Z3504A
- BL3Z3504E

Both are for SCABs. BL3Z3504E says "To 10/24/11" and CL3Z3504A says "from 10/24/11"

Does anyone know if Ford tried to update the internals? My SCAB is an 11 built sometime in 3/11. The mounting and everything looks the same so I am wondering if I can grab CL3Z3504A and would it be worth it as they are $150 difference on Tasca.

Also has anyone had luck with ordering remanufactured racks (ACDELCO, ACSCO, A1) off rockauto? Wouldn't mind saving some coin either.

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looking at replacing my steering rack. Looks like passenger side boot is leaking. At the same time I will also be installing a reservoir and cooler (finally).

Upon research I have come up with two different part numbers:

- CL3Z3504A
- BL3Z3504E

Both are for SCABs. BL3Z3504E says "To 10/24/11" and CL3Z3504A says "from 10/24/11"

Does anyone know if Ford tried to update the internals? My SCAB is an 11 built sometime in 3/11. The mounting and everything looks the same so I am wondering if I can grab CL3Z3504A and would it be worth it as they are $150 difference on Tasca.

Also has anyone had luck with ordering remanufactured racks (ACDELCO, ACSCO, A1) off rockauto? Wouldn't mind saving some coin either.
Are you sure the one from Tasca isn't remanufacturered rack?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ended up ordering CL3Z3504A from buyautoparts. Comes with a 3 year unlimited mile warranty, figured I'd give it a try. Still never found a difference in the parts. Will update when I receive the rack.