GEN 1 Steering Rack Replacment - Notes and Info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Okay, I just had my Steering Rack replaced at the dealership under warranty. I looked at the work order and it shows they used part EU2Z-3V504-JRM which appears to be a REMAN which I did notice it does shows REMAN on the invoice. But that part number doesn't match up to what I am finding. I thought a Raptor SCREW would of been CL3Z-3504-B even if it was a REMAN.

So what the heck is EU2Z-3V504-JRM for?

Is it possible that its the same rack but the tie rods that come with CL3Z-3504-B are the ones for a raptor, and since they knew they would be removing the inner tie rods off the rack that this was a lesser option?

What makes the difference between an F-150 6.2L rack vs. a Raptor SVT Rack? I thought I read here that the racks are the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 12951

Okay, I just had my Steering Rack replaced at the dealership under warranty. I looked at the work order and it shows they used part EU2Z-3V504-JRM which appears to be a REMAN which I did notice it does shows REMAN on the invoice. But that part number doesn't match up to what I am finding. I thought a Raptor SCREW would of been CL3Z-3504-B even if it was a REMAN.

So what the heck is EU2Z-3V504-JRM for?

Is it possible that its the same rack but the tie rods that come with CL3Z-3504-B are the ones for a raptor, and since they knew they would be removing the inner tie rods off the rack that this was a lesser option?

What makes the difference between an F-150 6.2L rack vs. a Raptor SVT Rack? I thought I read here that the racks are the same.

Well called the dealership this morning, my advisor is out for 3 days for the Holiday. I spoke with the parts department and first ask just for a rack, gave me the same number they installed. Then I asked if it was for a Raptor, said oh no that's a different number even though I gave him the VIN. Needless to say they are overnighting me the correct one and swapping it back out again. I asked what is the difference and they said the turning ratio. The standard F-150 6.2L has a 20:1 (the one they installed) and the Raptor one is 16:1. Any truth in that?

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well called the dealership this morning, my advisor is out for 3 days for the Holiday. I spoke with the parts department and first ask just for a rack, gave me the same number they installed. Then I asked if it was for a Raptor, said oh no that's a different number even though I gave him the VIN. Needless to say they are overnighting me the correct one and swapping it back out again. I asked what is the difference and they said the turning ratio. The standard F-150 6.2L has a 20:1 (the one they installed) and the Raptor one is 16:1. Any truth in that?
Do you notice a difference in your steering? Like the orange stripe in a different spot as you go around a familiar bend.
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )

D

Deleted member 12951

Do you notice a difference in your steering? Like the orange stripe in a different spot as you go around a familiar bend.

Not that I can tell but to be honest, I never really paid that much attention to where the stripe is when going around familiar bends.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score

So the standard f150 racks are electric. Their are 3 different racks for the raptor. I don't have a computer in front of me to quote part numbers. I will post later if I can. That being said if you go to the rock auto link here in frf you can look two of them up. The first rack is referenced as 135" svt which is for the scab. It has a slower turning radius. The second is referenced as a 145" which is for the screw. You can install either rack on either truck without issues. Some of the scab guys prefer the screw rack for it's quicker turning abilities. When I purchased my last rack from the dealer they sold me an new upgraded unit and I believe the the last letter of the part number changed from a D to a F. If you wanna pay 1k for a "F"

That being said if they are charging you new parts prices for rebuilt parts I would be upset!!!!

bec22a12a137f5ab22e61dadc384ed91.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

So the standard f150 racks are electric. Their are 3 different racks for the raptor. I don't have a computer in front of me to quote part numbers. I will post later if I can. That being said if you go to the rock auto link here in frf you can look two of them up. The first rack is referenced as 135" svt which is for the scab. It has a slower turning radius. The second is referenced as a 145" which is for the screw. You can install either rack on either truck without issues. Some of the scab guys prefer the screw rack for it's quicker turning abilities. When I purchased my last rack from the dealer they sold me an new upgraded unit and I believe the the last letter of the part number changed from a D to a F. If you wanna pay 1k for a "F"

That being said if they are charging you new parts prices for rebuilt parts I would be upset!!!!

I knew about the two part numbers for our raptor depending on your wheel base (SCAB vs. SCREW) but they installed EU2Z-3V504-JRM and that is what I didn't know what it was for. From what I can tell it is for a regular F-150 with a 6.2L. I did have the dealership remove it and install the correct one for the raptor. The one they put in the first time and the one they put in now are both refurbished units and the cost reflects it, it was $560 to $668 or something close to that. I kept the steering rack as the dealership said I can take it with me on my Baja trip and bring it back if I don't use it.

So the dealer said the only difference of EU2Z-3V504-JRM was the turning radius, that being 20:1 and the Raptor one being 16:1 but not sure if they are right or not. At this time I have no idea really what makes EU2Z-3V504-JRM different. That is what I have been trying to confirm.

OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
faster turn ratio means LARGER turn radius. Just remember that.

Matt ready when you are yo come up and do the work

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
faster turn ratio means LARGER turn radius. Just remember that.

Matt ready when you are yo come up and do the work

How's that?? Turn radius is determined by the steering stops. The 20:1 should turn slower than the raptor racks. I recant my last statement about wanting a 20:1

Last edited:

cubiefan101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My steering has recently started making a horrific noise when turning center-left. No noise at all turn center-right. I've lubed all my heims and uniballs with dry teflon lube with no reduction in noise. Would a bad rack make this noise? Poor video, but loud and clear audio! https://vimeo.com/194284836

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My truck just started making that noise when turned all the way to the left but its intermittent

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk