GEN 1 Steering Rack Replacment - Notes and Info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any reason why rock auto is so much more?5ce78fb159beda5f5f0a116d8d5242d6.jpg

Dang That's a deal!! that's the cheapest I have ever seen and I have done hours of searching!!

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

That's the plan to do a diy. I recently found a place that does seals for hydrolysis which basically all a rack is

I have searched for rebuild kits also. The issue I see is setting the pressure valve without some kind of hydraulic dyno. Please keep us updated i go through racks and pumps like bubble gum!!

D

Deleted member 12951

What's odd about that buyautoparts.com is it doesn't show a steering rack for a 2014. Even though part CL3Z3504B is the same for a 2013 as shown in Matt's pic.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What's odd about that buyautoparts.com is it doesn't show a steering rack for a 2014. Even though part CL3Z3504B is the same for a 2013 as shown in Matt's pic.

they are all the same probably have not updated their web page but their is an updated rack from ford if you want to pay 1K. I don't know what the differences are.

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered it. Worth the risk and says it has a 1 yr unlimited warranty.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered it. Worth the risk and says it has a 1 yr unlimited warranty.

Take the hit on the core and send your old rack to cordone through rock auto and have it rebuilt. If you use the link on the right side of the page I think you get a discount. Then you always have a backup! I may do the same at that price.

D

Deleted member 12951

Did you use WINTERSAVE30 and get an extra $30 off? That was the best coupon I could find unless you found one better?

I am really only looking at getting one to carry as a spare. Looking at a pair of axles too but they don't have those for a raptor.

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take the hit on the core and send your old rack to cordone through rock auto and have it rebuilt. If you use the link on the right side of the page I think you get a discount. Then you always have a backup! I may do the same at that price.

Yeah, I'm keeping it. Hopefully we can figure out how to rebuild them ourselves. I'll go that route if needed. Thanks for the info.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you use WINTERSAVE30 and get an extra $30 off? That was the best coupon I could find unless you found one better?

I am really only looking at getting one to carry as a spare. Looking at a pair of axles too but they don't have those for a raptor.

post something in the wtb thread I'm sure someone has some noisy ones that could be re greased and rebooted for backups.

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score

No....damn you for letting me know I left money on the table! :fail:

---------- Post added at 04:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 AM ----------

@Hole Shot did you view my video? Is there something I can do to remedy that problem? I removed the boots, but really didn't see anything to grease.

D

Deleted member 12951

No....damn you for letting me know I left money on the table! :fail:

Sorry, I just found it when I was messing around on their site just now. Whenever I see at checkout a spot to enter a coupon code, always google for one, there seems to always be something out there. I shouldn't have assumed you did that too. Oops.