Steering Rack Failure Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikee Martin

SVC. Krazy House Customz. JDM. Seaside Superbikes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steering rack throw codes or just hard to stater?
Google:"Ford F150 electric steering rack failures"..many,many,many threads and YouTube videos...Ford has a problem with their electronic nannies..

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Google:"Ford F150 electric steering rack failures"..many,many,many threads and YouTube videos...Ford has a problem with their electronic nannies..

It's the best selling vehicle in North America. If you google it of course you're going to find a population that has experienced an issue; however that is in no way indicative of any measurable failure rate. Never mind cases like yours, in which the vehicle was modded and abused. If it were actually a widespread issue it would be a recall, because steering is a safety issue.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's the best selling vehicle in North America. If you google it of course you're going to find a population that has experienced an issue; however that is in no way indicative of any measurable failure rate. Never mind cases like yours, in which the vehicle was modded and abused. If it were actually a widespread issue it would be a recall, because steering is a safety issue.
Keep fighting the good fight. Lol.

Mikee Martin

SVC. Krazy House Customz. JDM. Seaside Superbikes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a love hate relationship with my truck. The truck is by far the funnest vehicle and best looking truck imo. Its just a bit technical and electronic. I try to do my best to take care of it and really have not done that much serious modification to the vehicle. It is rough when there is a problem with it.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's a love hate relationship with my truck. The truck is by far the funnest vehicle and best looking truck imo. Its just a bit technical and electronic. I try to do my best to take care of it and really have not done that much serious modification to the vehicle. It is rough when there is a problem with it.
If you would just drive to starbucks and back and sip a Latte while listening to Celine Dion, you probably wouldn't have any of these problems yet, ha ha.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you would just drive to starbucks and back and sip a Latte while listening to Celine Dion, you probably wouldn't have any of these problems yet, ha ha.
Even Slayer doesn’t seem to bother the factory gremlins.