Steering issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fodded_Cockpit

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello FRF members,

I just bought a '14 Raptor, which is my second one. When I test drove it, I didn't notice the issue. But when I was driving it home, whenever I drove through a bend on the freeway, my steering would get significantly lighter in the direction that I'm turning the wheel and back to normal, as if hitting a bump on the freeway, like a very slight jerk. It only does it during a bend or turn, it doesn't do it on straights. It kept doing this randomly. It's not violent, but enough to keep my hands on both wheels to make sure it doesn't get too out of hand.
I googled this issue but couldn't find anything similar to mine. The ones I've found were violent jerks, mine isn't.
Does anyone know what this issue is and what you did to fix it?
I greatly appreciate the inputs. Thank you.

OP
OP
Fodded_Cockpit

Fodded_Cockpit

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
P/S is full and no noticeable leaks. Tie rods seems fine but will check.
It only happens on bends and turns, not on straights even through bumps.
The steering wheel seems to turn itself more into the direction I'm turning in a pulsating rhythm then goes away.
I'm trying to describe it as best I can. Hope that helps.

OP
OP
Fodded_Cockpit

Fodded_Cockpit

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll try adjusting the rack and check the ball joints. Have any of you ever have this similar issue?
My first Raptor didn't have this issue. I did have the fuse 27 issue, but not this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free