GEN 2 Steering feels heavy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArmyTanker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I searched the forum before posting, but did not see anything on this topic. I have a 2018 with roughly 15k miles. I did not drive any other Raptor before buying the one I had, so no other reference points. I went to Raptor Assault, where they had 2019 trucks, and I noticed driving that truck that the steering seemed a lot lighter feel at low speed. Didn’t think anything about it really because of the new suspension I just thought it was a difference in the 2019 model. I recently had a chance to drive another colleagues 2018 Raptor NFL just like the 2019 that I had driven at Raptor Assault. So, I’m wondering if my truck has an issue with the speed adaptive steering as it has the same heavier feel at low speeds as at highway speed? Anyone encountered a similar experience? Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pump rpm will affect steering feel. Ie in a parking lot the wheel is heavy due to low rpm and the drag of the tires on the ground, but driving speed and higher rpm the wheel will be lighter.

Also if 4h,4a are engaged the wheel will be heavy.

And lastly steering mode,comfort, normal and sport all change how heavy the wheel is.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pump rpm will affect steering feel. Ie in a parking lot the wheel is heavy due to low rpm and the drag of the tires on the ground, but driving speed and higher rpm the wheel will be lighter.

All Gen 2 Raptors have electric steering racks. There is no pump.

OP
OP
ArmyTanker

ArmyTanker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What mode is your steering in? It can be changed from comfort to normal to sport.

I have tried all the modes - my comfort mode is still heavier than the normal mode on my colleague’s truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
have you checked your tire pressure, manually, not respecting the Raptor PSI readout ?