Steering / Drive / Terrain Modes Missing / Unresponsive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptr

Reaction score
Hi all, I just purchased a CPO 2020 Raptor last month and noticed that when attempting to switch Terrain Modes +/- on the steering wheel, nothing happens; No indication on the dash whatsoever. Similarly, when pressing the Steering Wheel Button, there was no response at all; No steering wheel light on the dash. There was also potentially an issue with the lane-keep assist -- but I didn't test that. Anyways, service took it in.

The first week, the dealer noticed the wrong windshield was installed and had it replaced -- Whether or not this fixed the lane-keep assist, I'm still not sure. But I'm fairly certain this has nothing to do with the Terrain Mode issue. To address the Terrain Mode issue, I was told the steering wheel switches were replaced but that didn't fix it.

After ~2 weeks, I did my own research and it seemed possible that the MyKey was set up, so I notified the dealer and forwarded them this thread: https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/drive-modes-missing.53964/. However, unlike in that thread, my Raptor was not showing any response on the dash at all: No normal/snow/wet modes, nothing.

After waiting for the Service Dept to have a meeting with a Ford engineer and still no luck, I was told it wasn't the MyKey. So, I did some more research and came across this thread: https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/terrain-management-troubleshooting.81593/. Although my Raptor wasn't displaying "Terrain Management Unavailable", I figured it was worth forwarding to the dealer anyway because of all the insightful info it provides.

Tomorrow will make 4 weeks :suicide: and still nothing except it's now been given to the Roush-certified tech to diagnose -- presumably he's more experienced than the original tech that was working on it. I wish I had more info considering I've worked on cars myself for years and this is my first service department experience, but I expect not knowing the details is par for the course with Service Departments that are used to dealing with customers who have no mechanical/diagnostic experience.

Anyways, anyone have any ideas?

Additional Info/Thoughts:
  • The Raptor was original sold in Canada and recently re-imported to the US -- not sure what's involved with that conversion & if it could play a factor
  • If someone installed the wrong windshield, is it possible that something else like a module was replaced with a normal F-150 module that has no Terrain Modes?
  • If it's just a dead Fuse 14, I'll be pretty salty :laughing1:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is the Instrument Cluster in km/h or MPH? If parts were swapped, that is the first place to start looking. Incorrect parts and calibration scan cause exactly what you have going on. The switch may be providing input to the module, but if the module is not monitoring that input nothing will happen.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place. Post a pic of your raptor and your dash. You seem to be in a good mood with all of these issues, are you Canadian as well, ha ha.

OP
OP
R

raptr

Reaction score
Is the Instrument Cluster in km/h or MPH? If parts were swapped, that is the first place to start looking. Incorrect parts and calibration scan cause exactly what you have going on. The switch may be providing input to the module, but if the module is not monitoring that input nothing will happen.
The cluster is in MPH so that had to have been swapped.
I noticed Ford lists two different MPH clusters:
My Raptor has the 802A package and it doesn't mention "Technology Package" on the Window Sticker. However, I think Ford made some of the Technology package standard in 2020 and made the rest of it available under the 802A package. See below. (prices are Canadian)
1638567750729.png
I've yet to see a 2020 window sticker--US or Canadian--list the "Technology Package".

Considering someone put the wrong windshield in, this has me thinking 2020s need the Technology Package windshield and cluster, and maybe someone put the normal cluster in when re-importing to the US.

Welcome to the place. Post a pic of your raptor and your dash. You seem to be in a good mood with all of these issues, are you Canadian as well, ha ha.
lol, not Canadian, just trying to stay patient :893karatesmiley-thu
No pics yet unfortunately. And the dealer's an hour away.