Steering creak on every full right turn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sinstrex

Reaction score
I have got this weird issue which is super annoying now and wondering if anybody has had this on their truck.

So on every full right turn theres a creak from the steering so basically clockwise. No creak while turning clockwise. Thought it was the clock spring and the dealer confirmed and replaced it. Now its back barely a 100 miles later. It doesnt make any sense - something else might be getting in the way.

Anybody else had the same or have any suggestions?

peavey02

Reaction score
This will sound weird. But I had a creak coming from the front of the truck when I would turn to the left. Had my wife turn the wheels back and forth in the drive way to figure it out. The skid plate had one loose bolt and it would move just enough to creak when turning left. Tightened up the bolt and no more noise.

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have got this weird issue which is super annoying now and wondering if anybody has had this on their truck.

So on every full right turn theres a creak from the steering so basically clockwise. No creak while turning clockwise. Thought it was the clock spring and the dealer confirmed and replaced it. Now its back barely a 100 miles later. It doesnt make any sense - something else might be getting in the way.

Anybody else had the same or have any suggestions?
Turn up radio

OP
OP
S

sinstrex

Reaction score
Turn up radio
The exhaust note honestly sounds better :) haha

I wouldnt mind it on an older truck But you wouldnt expect any sounds from a brand new truck at barely 1000 miles.

The clock spring is busted again. This time the dealer is replacing the steering wheel too. Lets hope this doesnt come back

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, the damn clock spring.

“The average clock spring replacement cost is between $100 and $800, depending on the car model and labor costs. A clock spring costs $50 to $500, and the labor costs $50 to $300. The big difference in the price is because some car models have the clock spring integrated with some control modules for the steering wheel.”

1653710323408.jpeg

OP
OP
S

sinstrex

Reaction score
Ah, the damn clock spring.

“The average clock spring replacement cost is between $100 and $800, depending on the car model and labor costs. A clock spring costs $50 to $500, and the labor costs $50 to $300. The big difference in the price is because some car models have the clock spring integrated with some control modules for the steering wheel.”

View attachment 356458
Thanks! Luckily covered under warranty until they get to the bottom of it