Steering and abs going out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brianmurph17

Reaction score
The other day my 17 raptor had to get towed into the shop because the steering went out. Once it got towed there they started working on it and claimed it was the aftermarket wiring on my truck. They disconnected the lights that I had on there and that didn’t do anything. Once it was at the shop I got a notification on my Ford app of a few other things going faulty as shown in the picture. Anyone have any ideas of what could be wrong with it. It has been in the dealership for almost a week and really need it back.

Attachments

• 1A4B947A-82C3-4B36-B6FC-E879BD5EE079.png
    1A4B947A-82C3-4B36-B6FC-E879BD5EE079.png
    633 KB · Views: 28
  • B2378B15-1018-428C-8945-537DE7F9F25B.png
    B2378B15-1018-428C-8945-537DE7F9F25B.png
    279.6 KB · Views: 28

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe rodents got into your wiring harness, I know the early Gen 2s had wiring that mice liked to snack on. Not saying this is it, but could be other faulty wiring.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Once it got towed there they started working on it and claimed it was the aftermarket wiring on my truck. They disconnected the lights that I had on there and that didn’t do anything

Unless you tapped a non-upfitter harness wire or 2, tell them to think on their sins and try harder this time.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You will get FordPass warnings like that when they work on it. As they diagnose, flash, unplug and replug stuff you will get all kinds of weird warnings they cause during the repair. Only worry about the ones that stick around after the truck is returned :)

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What was the aftermarket wiring tied into? Once the damage is done disconnecting it won’t fix anything.

OP
OP
B

brianmurph17

Reaction score
You will get FordPass warnings like that when they work on it. As they diagnose, flash, unplug and replug stuff you will get all kinds of weird warnings they cause during the repair. Only worry about the ones that stick around after the truck is returned :)
And those lights are still on after they flashed and replugged everything back in. They are trying to figure out what is causing those to be on but can’t figure out why

Mikee Martin

SVC. Krazy House Customz. JDM. Seaside Superbikes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The codes are normal. The dealer is stupid. My rack blew today and every code in the book is flashing...makes me mad that these techs are so dumb

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The codes are normal. The dealer is stupid. My rack blew today and every code in the book is flashing...makes me mad that these techs are so dumb
Not that techs are dumb , they have to follow a procedure and test points . Pin point tests . If not ford is not going to pay the warranty bill. They might of seen problem many time before but they do what ford hotline tells them first. Luckily I have a great goto mechanic at my local dealership. Never had a issue with his workmanship.