Steam from Engine Bay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rfc805

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only saw one other topic asking this, and his seemed to have turned out to be an issue with his trans cooler. I don't think this is, but curious if everyone gets it.

Only had the truck a couple days, so everything is new. We had quite a bit of rain the last couple days. Drove the truck today, and noticed a bit of steam coming up from the front of the hood over on the driver's side. Opened the hood, and a small amount of steam was coming up from underneath the plastic intake scoop for several minutes.

Is this normal? Seems like it was just a bunch of water coming in from the hood cowling and steaming off as it dripped down, but I couldn't find where it was actually coming from, it's all pretty busy up front there.

OP
OP
R

rfc805

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried to get a whiff, but not noticably coolant smelling. So either it wasn't coolant or there just wasn't enough of it. It was fairly windy, which is why it's kind of buffeting around.

If it was the water that built up in the hood cowling, which it seemed like it might be, I'd figure a lot of people would have seen it before. A good amount of water did seem to pour out of the hood cowls when I opened it.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe its possible that you're getting water trapped somewhere? How is your coolant level looking?

OP
OP
R

rfc805

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe its possible that you're getting water trapped somewhere? How is your coolant level looking?
Seems OK - you can see it in the video, hasn't moved (visibly) since. I haven't noticed it again, so maybe just a one off oddity.