Start the clock for me!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
NAV is just something else that has become popular in the minds of thieves lately. I've been taking an increasing amount of burglary reports where victims state that their NAV systems were stolen. I always thought that a moonroof/sunroof would be prone to breaking, especially when jumping a 6000 lb truck. Neither one will be included in my options list.

OP
OP
PEZ

PEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NAV is just something else that has become popular in the minds of thieves lately. I've been taking an increasing amount of burglary reports where victims state that their NAV systems were stolen. I always thought that a moonroof/sunroof would be prone to breaking, especially when jumping a 6000 lb truck. Neither one will be included in my options list.

Good point about the NAV and thieves. As far as the moonroof breaking from jumping, I doubt it. The suspension takes the hit, not the roof, but I see your point, maybe stress transferred through the body could cause a crack or something. Honestly though, I'll off-road a little, but for any serious jumping, I'll hop on my KTM!

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Good point about the NAV and thieves. As far as the moonroof breaking from jumping, I doubt it. The suspension takes the hit, not the roof, but I see your point, maybe stress transferred through the body could cause a crack or something. Honestly though, I'll off-road a little, but for any serious jumping, I'll hop on my KTM!

If you break your sunroof from too much flex in the body - you will definately break other shit in the process. The roof is contained in an insulated rubber assembly and should be cushioned against almost everything except a rollover.