Stalling and cutting out while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryanbcp3

Reaction score
Hey guys I’m having an issue with my 2013 for raptor svt. It starts than stalls right out. It first began while I was driving down the road it just felt like I was slipping on ice than regained traction. However I found out that it wasn’t getting fuel. I’d step on pedal and nothing would happen like it was dying out than would all of a sudden kick back in and would be fine. Drove it home shut it off than restarted and just stalled right out. Brought it to mechanic he replaced fuel pump got the truck back and a week later did the same exact thing. He than replaced the fuel module got it back the next day doing the same thing as before I have now 800$ into this and the problem has yet to be fixed . Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this. Also when it stalls out the low oil pressure light comes on with the wrench symbol.please help haha

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
X2 on the fuse 27... $20 part and easy to replace. Looks like you may have thrown $800 down the hole, chasing parts you didn't need to. I also recently saw a similar post on another site with similar symptoms... Ended up being a corroded connection to the FPDM up near the spare tire. Cleaned the connection, added some dielectric grease, and he was up and running.

OP
OP
R

Ryanbcp3

Reaction score
I appreciate the help and feedback guys! I just called my mechanic and he said he cleaned it off cause it looked a little burnt not much but cleaned put it back in and made no difference

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I appreciate the help and feedback guys! I just called my mechanic and he said he cleaned it off cause it looked a little burnt not much but cleaned put it back in and made no difference

If it was burnt at all, you need to do the relocation kit... Probably burnt underneath.

Reaction score
I guarantee you it is the evap purge valve. I had this same problem. The purge valve sticks open and the engine vacuum isn't controlled as expected by the ECM so it stumbles on startup. There is any easy way to test the purge valve. It is located on the drivers side of the engine on the intake manifold. Unplug the electrical connector and the hard plastic line that are connected to it then take off the two bolts that hold it onto the intake manifold. Once you get it off try blowing through it from either end. If you can blow through it then it is bad and stuck open. When you reinstall the old sensor or new sensor depending on what you find be sure to lube the o-ring so it doesn't get pinched. The part is around $40 and is readily available at your ford dealer. Its a common problem on other Ford vehicles as well. I will mention that after I replaced mine my gas gauge is now off by an 1/8 to 1/4 of a tank which is caused from the vacuum it creates in the fuel tank (tank gets sucked in on itself).

Let us know what you find.

81ydY9gVb1L._SL1500_.jpg

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guarantee you it is the evap purge valve. I had this same problem. The purge valve sticks open and the engine vacuum isn't controlled as expected by the ECM so it stumbles on startup. There is any easy way to test the purge valve. It is located on the drivers side of the engine on the intake manifold. Unplug the electrical connector and the hard plastic line that are connected to it then take off the two bolts that hold it onto the intake manifold. Once you get it off try blowing through it from either end. If you can blow through it then it is bad and stuck open. When you reinstall the old sensor or new sensor depending on what you find be sure to lube the o-ring so it doesn't get pinched. The part is around $40 and is readily available at your ford dealer. Its a common problem on other Ford vehicles as well. I will mention that after I replaced mine my gas gauge is now off by an 1/8 to 1/4 of a tank which is caused from the vacuum it creates in the fuel tank (tank gets sucked in on itself).

Let us know what you find.

Could very well be but when I had that problem (and replaced the CPV) I got a P0456 Evap Small Leak code and it would start hard right after filling the fuel tank (i.e. crank over 2-3 times longer than normal before firing up, essentially flooded with fuel vapor because the valve wasn't closing), not so much die whilst running as @Ryanbcp3 describes...