How To Stainless Works Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So my install got really interesting. We removed the drive shaft drive side and found it was easier to get the nut and studs out. Got the driver side header out and did a test fit of the new header. Come to find out SHAFTED.

If you look at the images, some a-hole at stainless works welded the flange upside down and backwards. So needless to say up S creek at the moment.

I have to wait and call SW now on Monday.....

Attachments

• 20150328_112729.jpg
    20150328_112729.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 149
  • 20150328_113025.jpg
    20150328_113025.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 140

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn that sucks, I am looking forward to hearing your truck though. I have been debating a set of headers lately.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So my install got really interesting. We removed the drive shaft drive side and found it was easier to get the nut and studs out. Got the driver side header out and did a test fit of the new header. Come to find out SHAFTED.

If you look at the images, some a-hole at stainless works welded the flange upside down and backwards. So needless to say up S creek at the moment.

Did you get the works or the power?

OP
OP
Rookie

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Who did you order from?

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Who did you order from?

[/CENTER]

Who I ordered through is not the issue. Someone at SW screwed up. I am calling them directly to deal with this as I need the replacement ASAP. Direct in this case is better as place I ordered can't fix wrong.

OP
OP
Rookie

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Who I ordered through is not the issue. Someone at SW screwed up. I am calling them directly to deal with this as I need the replacement ASAP. Direct in this case is better as place I ordered can't fix wrong.

That's not why I asked and you are correct the dealer cannot fix the issue but they will have more weight getting through to their specific rep at SW.

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The dealer is on stand by as they are aware of the situation. I have also emailed the tech I spoke with at SW about the install instructions being WAY off on sizes. Calling them is just for me to feel better after they ruined my weekend of getting this done. So in the end dealer will prob have to resolve but I am trying on my own to see how SW responds and if they will resolve this ASAP (AKA customer service)

I had issues with the wrong thread pitch on the header bolts when I did mine. But that upside down flange takes the cake. My hands still hurt when I think about my install. Good luck.

I was worried about the thread pitch as well but before we installed we confirmed pitch was right. But flange being wrong is in a whole new solar system. But I could install it and have the exhaust out of the front part of the hood HAHA.

Last edited: