GEN 2 Stainless Works Dump exhaust, spare tire exploded?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey185

Reaction score
so a guy on the Facebook group posted that his spare tire exploded on a road trip. I have asked for pics of exhaust but got none. Does anybody have this? I know Ken Block uses it but has no spare. On there web site it shows it turned down, but on the photos of it installed it looks like they go straight at the spare. Really want this one, it’s the only one I can find that dumps. Other alternative is to custom build one but not sure which muffler, etc. don’t want to get suckered into buying what the muffler shop guys thinks is best.

Tyler Kissner

Reaction score
That was me.

More to the story I was told it was a stainless works exhaust when I bought it but didnt crawl under the truck to confirm. I looked online to see if there were any issues listed with the SW dump exhaust and the spare tire(there werent) so I bolted the tire back up. When it blew I crawled under to check out the exhaust and noticed the ford stamped muffler. Turned out the guy just removed the rear exhaust section and put angled pipes on the factory piping where it ends above the rear axle.

Sales guy was an idiot and didnt know what he was talking about and I stupidly didnt check.

I just installed the actual SW axle dump exhaust which dumps just before the rear axle and never angles up. Its all well under the truck and sounds good. Its slightly louder than my previous setup which I could go without but I dont have issue with the factory spare anymore.

Sorry for the original misinformation on FB

OP
OP
joey185

joey185

Reaction score
Perfect! That’s what I wanted to hear. Ordering it now. I run mudflaps that are attached to the blue ox hitch I have to protect the trailer. Stock exhaust wasn’t gonna work cause it would burn the flaps.

Last edited: