GEN 1 Stainless Works Dual Under Bumper Exit Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shekkie2432

Reaction score
I found the stock exhaust a bit quiet for my liking so after many YouTube videos and reading most posts here I decided to go with a Stainless Works system (factory connect) with the exit under bumper. I like things symmetrical was the main reason for the exit choice. I’m a weirdo that way.

Good? The system seems to be of quality…..welds are good, hangers appear heavy duty. The whole thing feels stout. I ordered direct from them and customer service was excellent. The sound is just what I was after……a bit of a rumble and strong v8 tone when accelerating, no drone, very near stock sounding from the interior when cruising. Perfect. I tucked the polished stainless tips under the bumper a bit so not much to look at from behind. I may make them more obvious later, I can’t decide.

Not so good? The installation instructions are an embarrassment. If I haven’t been working on cars/trucks for most of my life and didn’t have access to this forum and google I woulda been in trouble. It’s not like it’s a direct replacement system. There are four hangers to figure out with zero help from the instructions. Ultimately it wasn’t too much hassle to figure out but I shouldn’t have been left on my own to do it. The overall fit is excellent with the exception of the pipe that exits on the left side of the bumper. To get it level I had to make a rubber spacer to lower the front of my spare about an inch. Not that big of a deal and I understand it’s a tight fit and all of these trucks are a tiny bit different. I may take a bit out of one of the pipes to correct this later but it’s not a priority.

I am super pleased, would purchase again and recommend it if your goals are similar to mine. 5BEFEA88-389E-48DD-A432-97B81D93CFC5.jpeg15E52969-4C96-4E39-B26F-AA40A20E6EF9.jpeg8F603456-181E-4895-AE2D-6E04D63BA5D8.jpeg716EB73F-94B0-488C-822D-C1747601F88B.jpeg

Last edited:

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found the stock exhaust a bit quiet for my liking so after many YouTube videos and reading most posts here I decided to go with a Stainless Works system (factory connect) with the exit under bumper. I like things symmetrical was the main reason for the exit choice. I’m a weirdo that way.

Good? The system seems to be of quality…..welds are good, hangers appear heavy duty. The whole thing feels stout. I ordered direct from them and customer service was excellent. The sound is just what I was after……a bit of a rumble and strong v8 tone when accelerating, no drone, very near stock sounding from the interior when cruising. Perfect. I tucked the polished stainless tips under the bumper a bit so not much to look at from behind. I may make them more obvious later, I can’t decide.

Not so good? The installation instructions are an embarrassment. If I haven’t been working on cars/trucks for most of my life and didn’t have access to this forum and google I woulda been in trouble. It’s not like it’s a direct replacement system. There are four hangers to figure out with zero help from the instructions. Ultimately it wasn’t too much hassle to figure out but I shouldn’t have been left on my own to do it. The overall fit is excellent with the exception of the pipe that exits on the left side of the bumper. To get it level I had to make a rubber spacer to lower the front of my spare about an inch. Not that big of a deal and I understand it’s a tight fit and all of these trucks are a tiny bit different. I may take a bit out of one of the pipes to correct this later but it’s not a priority.

I am super pleased, would purchase again and recommend it if your goals are similar to mine. View attachment 327096View attachment 327097View attachment 327099View attachment 327102
Completely agree on the quality of the instructions... in particular the instructions had no parts list... so it took me a little while to figure out, by blowing up pictures of their system installed, that they had sent some wrong brackets... a simple parts list on the instructions to compare with the packing list would have saved me a bunch of time and head scratching... also does not work with all aftermarket bump stop cross members... ADD in particular... I do love my SW long tubes and dual exhaust... regardless!