Stage 2/2+ Hard Parts and Off The Shelf Maps Now Available!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

setxathlete14

Reaction score
surely i'm not the only one to notice that MPT and 5 star are making the same or more power without the expensive intercooler, or CAI??

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
surely i'm not the only one to notice that MPT and 5 star are making the same or more power without the expensive intercooler, or CAI??
Says who? Dyno numbers? You can't compare dyno numbers from different dynos, different trucks, different days, different conditions etc. The ONLY way comparing tunes would be useful would be on the same truck on the same dyno with similar conditions.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I've run MPT. I've Ran stage 1 cobb and stage 2 cobb without the intake or downpipes.

Since installing the downpipes and cobb intake, its a whole different level of beast.

I had the stage 2 map installed. It was fine. Then I installed the intake and downpipes ( didn't touch the computer or force a relearn) and was actually really pleasantly surprised at the felt gains.

I am not normally a dyno person, so don't expect me to go put my truck on one, but so far, I feel like I got my money's worth.

a couple of notes:

1. The sensor fits a little too loosely for my taste in the cobb intake. I need to figure out how to make it more secure.

2. The extra bracing on the downpipes where the left side pipe cross in front of the cross member sits a little lower than the factory downpipe. That being said, I'm running Foutz skidplates and the bracing rests on the skid. This creates a slight vibration at idle. I can't just put the skid in a press brake, as it has torsional bends in it that prevent that, so I need to figure out how to clearance it.

I think the DPs are worth it. With traction control on, if I boot it from a stop, I'm spinning through my first 2-3 gears now ( and I'm on General grabber X3 37s with stock 4.10s).

I feel good about going to 4.56 gears and 39s/40s now. I don't think the motor will really need any more power ( at least on 93). I still need to see how she feels on the 91 tune ( no 93 in Mexico and I want the truck to feel as close to this on 91 as I can get.) before coming to a final conclusion.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh boy, just noticed on Cobb’s site. Gunmetal colour intercooler. Was torn between black or silver but this is the ticket for me.