Stage 2/2+ Hard Parts and Off The Shelf Maps Now Available!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Panduh

Reaction score
is there an upgrade price for those of us that bought the Stage 1+ package that just want the intercooler?

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So stage 2+ should be called stage 2 with an optional waste of money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fact, Cobb builds all the highest quality hard parts the “masses” want. All Cobb products are at the top in the aftermarket tuning industry, bar none.

They also will lay the FACTS out there for the real gearheads. For example, they tell you right up front that on the Ford Ecoboost series, you do NOT require the hard parts for max power on the STOCK turbos. If you’re really looking for maximum power from the 3.5 EB, you MUST enlarge the turbine housings because that is where the power is “restricted”.

Most, if not all, others will fill you with crap and “fake” dyno sheets to “help” you believe you need their hard parts because they make the “most” of whatever you want.

The Cobb FMIC will obviously allow you to make that peak tune power for a somewhat longer period of time than the stocker. If you’re racing dyno sheets then you really need it!

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fact, Cobb builds all the highest quality hard parts the “masses” want. All Cobb products are at the top in the aftermarket tuning industry, bar none.

They also will lay the FACTS out there for the real gearheads. For example, they tell you right up front that on the Ford Ecoboost series, you do NOT require the hard parts for max power on the STOCK turbos. If you’re really looking for maximum power from the 3.5 EB, you MUST enlarge the turbine housings because that is where the power is “restricted”.

Most, if not all, others will fill you with crap and “fake” dyno sheets to “help” you believe you need their hard parts because they make the “most” of whatever you want.

The Cobb FMIC will obviously allow you to make that peak tune power for a somewhat longer period of time than the stocker. If you’re racing dyno sheets then you really need it!
Here's the thing; every turbo car I've owned has benefitted from a high flow (or none) cat. Not huge amounts of power but usually 20 - 30 HP or so over stock cats. I would be interested to know what OEM cats are on the raptor since, according to Cobb, they don't help to make any additional power. I have no reason NOT to believe them, just wondering.

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
883C4903-7BF7-4620-8C1B-B2874166DC08.jpeg I already told you the turbines and housings are set up for quick spooling, not big power. The compressor side will blow more air than the turbine housing can “let out” and the exhaust manifold internal pressure before the turbine will be higher than the boost pressure, which is a bad thing... I know this for fact. Here’s a photo

Huttomitch

Reaction score
Can a turbo smart blow off valve be used on the intercooler or is made to fit only the stock bov? Also would the bov be mounted low or high?

You can use a turbosmart BOV on this intercooler kit. The BOV is mounted as high as possible without being integrated into the intercooler core/end tank assembly itself. Even with the ADD pro cutframe bumper on, which leaves a lot of area exposed, the BOV stays safely behind the skid plate of the bumper.

MacK88DO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 119216 I already told you the turbines and housings are set up for quick spooling, not big power. The compressor side will blow more air than the turbine housing can “let out” and the exhaust manifold internal pressure before the turbine will be higher than the boost pressure, which is a bad thing... I know this for fact. Here’s a photo

Damn! That photo makes my right ass cheek hurt, right where I keep my wallet!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn! That photo makes my right ass cheek hurt, right where I keep my wallet!!

Yeah this one was pretty expensive. But, I always run my own stuff (cars & bikes) right up to the limit so I know where it is, but try not to exceed. Doesn’t always come out as I would like, but I always learn a whole lot! I’ll use the highest power Cobb map available (because I trust how they think and tune) and take it from there. I never have anyone to blame other than myself if something goes wrong. The cars are only money. The last big issue with a bike a few years ago cost me 5 broken ribs, right clavicle, and left thumb... I think the cars are much easier, but not nearly as fast(quick). LOL

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any place for the acc unit to mount without factory bumper or will the add relocation bracket still work with the cobb fmic?

cao0215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so need to clarify before purchase the DP, i have BORLA ATTK WITH RESANATOR, is the DP compatible with it?
SVC cooler is already installed, it is ok to use STAGE 2 map?