SRS Air bag removal and system delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swamp Fox

Reaction score
I am deleting the SRS (air bag system) on my 2019 Raptor before installing a roll cage. It would be nice to not have a dash warning light for the SRS system or other problems when I am finished. Besides removing the restraint control module and the air bags themselves what else needs to be done?
20211204_203009.jpg
20211204_191326.jpg

OP
OP
Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox

Reaction score
When I removed the system a warning light comes on the dash and I can not figure that out. It needs to be reprogramed somehow and I do not know how to do that. I asked the dealer and they were no help (of course.)

OP
OP
Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox

Reaction score
I have Forscan. I used it to turn off every bing, ding, chime and the auto start/stop. I can drive down the road with the doors open if I wanted and it wouldn't make a noise at me.
Though I am not an expert at Forscan, it does not appear to be any help but maybe someone that knows it better than I could say differently. I believe the SRS system is (for lack of a better word) buried deep in the computer system since it is a safety system. I can speak better to BMW and MB having both ISTA D/P and MBStar which are the dealer level scan systems for both brands. Those can be used to program a new module to the system and do bidirectional diagnostics but would need a coding system such as NCS for BMW to change coding. Forescan is for coding but it seems to be for superficial systems.

OP
OP
Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox

Reaction score
I thought of splicing the wires going to each air bag together to create a continuity loop and leave the restraint control module. I have not tried that yet.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought of splicing the wires going to each air bag together to create a continuity loop and leave the restraint control module. I have not tried that yet.
Each airbag has a specific resistance built into it; if you can determine what each one is, you can wire in a resistor so the RCM sees it as the airbag being connected.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As long as we are talking airbags, I note the airbag that used to be in the rear seatbelt is/are gone. Are they relocated or just gone?

GoldBeach

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just gone. I was glad to not have to worry about them with my daughters car seat being back there.

regancai

Reaction score
I recently installed a roll cage in my 19 F-150. And after wiring in 2.2 ohm resistors to all the airbags (side curtains, front seats. I didn't remove the steering wheel airbag/passenger dash), I was able to keep the airbag light off. Hope that helps :)