Squeaks and rattles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I keep hearing random squeeks and rattles which I have pinpointed to the passenger side. It's not the seat, might be the door. Has anyone experienced this and found a solution? I've tried greasing/WD-40ing the doors at all contact points....:hmm:

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Check your glove box - it might be loose if you've taken it apart or have crap in it.
My only noise is some valve chatter on the passenger side - but I'm hoping thats a warramty item.

Also, the weatherproofing at the doors isnt the greatest - i've had mud/snow interfere with a tight seal. There was a post on how to fix that - I'll try and find it and post.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Check your glove box - it might be loose if you've taken it apart or have crap in it.
My only noise is some valve chatter on the passenger side - but I'm hoping thats a warramty item.

Also, the weatherproofing at the doors isnt the greatest - i've had mud/snow interfere with a tight seal. There was a post on how to fix that - I'll try and find it and post.

i saw the post about inserting surgical tubing in the door seals if that's the one you mean...

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
i saw the post about inserting surgical tubing in the door seals if that's the one you mean...

Yeah thats it. After my second trip out in the trails, I had mud spatter on the inside rear door frame that stopped about a foot from the roof! You might find tightening up the seals makes the door noise go away as it will close tighter.
And watch out for the WD-40 - its water based and typically causes rust after its finished lubricating for the week. Not sure if its available south of the border, but I use Liquid Wrench.