Squeaking leaf springs(factory)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Txfoster

Reaction score
Anyone have have squeaking factory leaf springs?
My wife has had her 18 model for a year has 8800 miles on it. About a month ago drivers spring started creaking pretty bad now its both.

Anyone have this happen before?

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine happened on my 19 with 15k miles. Got my bushings replaced, went to do a little off-roading in the sand and it’s back with 18k

I’m Wondering what the best way to prevent this is too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dave_g

Reaction score
I have 9000 miles on mine and the squeaking is getting nuts- I starting to feel like I'm driving a 40+ year old beater truck. I'm thinking its the shackle bushings , but they do not have a grease fitting, So I guess its time to pull them a parts.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have 9000 miles on mine and the squeaking is getting nuts- I starting to feel like I'm driving a 40+ year old beater truck. I'm thinking its the shackle bushings , but they do not have a grease fitting, So I guess its time to pull them a parts.
Dealer should replace under warranty. It was my shackle bushings as well

Raptor18Actual

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 18 with 24k miles started squeaking as well after an offroad trip. It's actually at the dealer right now getting leaf springs replaced. Dealer had tried greasing the bushings and springs, but it still squeaked.

IDontDoUrban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've noticed this happening after coming home from a day of off-roading. Sometimes it seemed to go away after washing the dried mud and dirt off the leaf springs, but now I'll listen more closely. Mine only has 6K miles...hoping it doesn't need warranty work already.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has been doing the same thing. It is a 17'. Sucks that some have this and some do not. But coming soon, the raptor will have coils. TFL truck has photos showing the new rear, clear as day. Guess I'm getting a new raptor in 2021.

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering if switching to other leaf spring would sort this problem?

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do these trucks have polyurethane bushings stock? I am gonna grease mine for preventative reasons as I just got mine replaced