GEN 1 Squeak on Deavers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need a louder exhaust! Even if I had squeaks which I don't, it wouldn't be louder than the roar of the engine :)
Currently have the Ford performance resonator delete and plan on adding an x pipe and getting rid off the stock mufflers for a smaller muffler with a fender exit soon

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Icons have squeaked since day one, as have my camburg shackles, and the uniball arms make a shit load of noise as soon as they see any dirt no matter how well lubricated they are
Try a different grease!!!
You can even go old school and use motor oil on every bushing, if you don't want to take everything apart and properly grease

Don't forget the shock bushing, those are most likely the culprits.

You need to spray lube the springs with a wire lube spray, something that resists collecting dirt and remains wet.

Like my avatar pic, once a year I clean the springs and wire lube spray them.

Last edited:

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try a different grease!!!
You can even go old school and use motor oil on every bushing, if you don't want to take everything apart and properly grease

Don't forget the shock bushing, those are most likely the culprits.

You need to spray lube the springs with a wire lube spray, something that resists collecting dirt and remains wet.

Like my avatar pic, once a year I clean the springs and wire lube spray them.
I just live with it. Can barely hear it with the music on and the windows up. I take the truck out in the desert once a week and would be far too time consuming to take everything apart every time...

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just live with it. Can barely hear it with the music on and the windows up. I take the truck out in the desert once a week and would be far too time consuming to take everything apart every time...
I wasn't suggesting to take everything apart every time, if you do it right, one time is enough and follow up on oiling.
Buy a cheap oil squirting can and use a synthetic motor oil and every once and awhile spray up.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wasn't suggesting to take everything apart every time, if you do it right, one time is enough and follow up on oiling.
Buy a cheap oil squirting can and use a synthetic motor oil and every once and awhile spray up.
Not everybody has a crane or a fork lift to pick up their ass end every year, lol.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My truck is essentially stock and I have squeaks, nature of the beast I think. The 100+mph desert blasts just vibrate the squeak right into them.

Gen1SvtRaptor

Reaction score
I got no squeeks and my truck has been to hell and back. Im the 4th owner with 111k when i got it. Only squeeks i got were thr inside door panel rattle which i fixed. Oh and the rear tailgate rattle when i go over rocky terrain :) i live in socal see dirty once a month and drive the truck to baja driving on trails 3-4x a year

OP
OP
elMechanic

elMechanic

Reaction score
To update you guyes, about the squeaks I had even when I replaced my OEM leaf springs to +3 Deavers

As I mentioned before, I ordered SVC Shackles, and I have installed them no more squeaks what so ever..

upload_2021-3-21_2-30-21.png