GEN 1 Squeak on Deavers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
elMechanic

elMechanic

Reaction score
Update-

after further inspection, and having a gut feeling that the DEAVERs where perfect as the squeaks only came on roads speed bumps while on low speed (usually if the leafs where having problems, the sound will come even while driving on low -medium speeds)

I made my little brother hop on the back bumper and starts jumping

Sound is definitely not for the deavers, but from the stock shackles which seems damaged (metal and rubber parts)

now I will be looking for a stock hight after market shackles..!!

Any recommendations?

AC9E0EFA-A344-4B2F-BB41-4918F71B972E.jpeg

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Camburg, RPG and SVC all have nice upgraded shackles

I purchased the TIG welded Camburgs, they are the most expensive but they are 100% chromoly.
One less thing to worry about up here in the northeast with all the salt and brine they dump on the streets.

Last edited:
OP
OP
elMechanic

elMechanic

Reaction score
Camburg, RPG and SVC all have nice upgraded shackles

I purchased the TIG welded Camburgs, they are the most expensive but they are 100% chromoly.
One less thing to worry about up here in the northeast with all the salt and brine they dump on the streets.
nice, Thanks for the recommendation
yeah was thinking about those TIG-welded CAMBURG ones and SVC ones

as I already had a very good experience with SVC, I think I will order it from them,

thanks a lot .. will keep this post updated once everything arrives

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
nice, Thanks for the recommendation
yeah was thinking about those TIG-welded CAMBURG ones and SVC ones

as I already had a very good experience with SVC, I think I will order it from them,

thanks a lot .. will keep this post updated once everything arrives
I did want say you need to more grease on, in and around and use a good one, like Dupont.
You're going to have to get messy, wear gloves!!! LOL
I use this in the yoke (for "The Driveshaft Clunk") lasts for years before needing to regease.

big_DuP_GREASE_16oz_HVY_EQUIP_1412_BS_ACT_RGB.jpg

OP
OP
elMechanic

elMechanic

Reaction score
I did want say you need to more grease on, in and around and use a good one, like Dupont.
You're going to have to get messy, wear gloves!!! LOL
I use this in the yoke (for "The Driveshaft Clunk") lasts for years before needing to regease.

View attachment 160759
Thanks, will do re-grease them for sure. And hopefully it will work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
elMechanic

elMechanic

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wanted to update this, the SVC shackles arrived, they are stock hight (the truck will not drop).

Will update after installing them, and re-greasing the deavers mounts as well1654ac47804ec83c4fae55c082401784.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have icons and they squeak as well...honestly at this point I’ve just learned to accept it. Every damn aftermarket part on this truck squeaks

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a bunch of aftermarket suspension stuff on, no squeaks or creaks here for the past ten years.
The Icons have squeaked since day one, as have my camburg shackles, and the uniball arms make a shit load of noise as soon as they see any dirt no matter how well lubricated they are

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Icons have squeaked since day one, as have my camburg shackles, and the uniball arms make a shit load of noise as soon as they see any dirt no matter how well lubricated they are
You need a louder exhaust! Even if I had squeaks which I don't, it wouldn't be louder than the roar of the engine :)