GEN 1 Squeak on Deavers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear your not having squeaks any more! I started having a popping type of sound when I backed up in the driveway and took it to my Dealer and they said it was my rear leafs, I had the Dealer put my +3 Deavers on when they installed my Geisers! So they know what’s been put in the truck! I ordered the SVC shackles and when my younger brother was in town to help we disassembled the rear leafs to put the Shackles on and I had been shipped Gen 2 shackles but Gen 1 bushings and sleeves! The bolt won’t go through! So after talking to Jeff at SVC on a Friday afternoon (pretty impressive customer service to call back that quick) we figured out the problem and Jeff made it right so I have been shipped the correct bushings and sleeves, plus I ordered the upper control arms from them and tie rods of well it’s only money! But I also called Deaver and talked to the owner there! Great guy as we talked about my problem he said if I was local in Cali he would have me bring it by but it’s probably a hotspot on the leafs that’s popping! So after talking with him I said well I will pull them off completely disassemble them and probably paint them or powder coat them. He then said if you go to the trouble of pulling them apart and have them powder coated I will send you all new parts to reassemble them including née U-Bolts. And two days later they where there! Now that’s customer service! So I’m waiting for a couple days off and pull it apart and get them powder coated and back together I will let you know if it solves the problem! This is picks of truck being disassembled and realizing the shackles don’t work and having to put it back together! Ugh!
upload_2021-4-12_17-57-28.jpeg