Squadron Pros/unlimited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys, looking for these because I want more light output. It feels like
My high beams are more powerful then My squadron Sports. And I figured they would be just as bright or brighter.

I am willing make some sort of a trade for my sports to those who want the cubes but don’t off-road . I have S2s on as well but I think a pro or unlimited mag be too strong for the street correct? They do a great job for everyday night driving but might not cut it off road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’ve got a set of sq sports / wide cornering and they are way, way brighter than the stock headlights and high beams. Walk in front of the truck and look from an angle. I can run them with cars way off in the distance or nobody around but oncoming motorists will get offended by them.

and yeah, if you try running the sq. pros on the street you’ll definitely hurt some feelings.

OP
OP
FordPerf Addict

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the sq sports and am looking for more output! But I do appreciate it

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Pros will definitely help in that regard. Do you have plans for more lights or only sticking with the bumper opening? Behind the grill lights will shame those squadrons, and depending on what option you could solve that pesky darkness condition pretty easy. If you plan on some LED bars or maybe bigger cubes, you might be fine with the lights you have by using them for closer in lighting.

Apologies I don’t have any sq pros laying around; how about this - would you consider selling your squadron pros / s2 to buy up squadron pros? if so, what are you looking for by way of price?

OP
OP
FordPerf Addict

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pros will definitely help in that regard. Do you have plans for more lights or only sticking with the bumper opening? Behind the grill lights will shame those squadrons, and depending on what option you could solve that pesky darkness condition pretty easy. If you plan on some LED bars or maybe bigger cubes, you might be fine with the lights you have by using them for closer in lighting.

Apologies I don’t have any sq pros laying around; how about this - would you consider selling your squadron pros / s2 to buy up squadron pros? if so, what are you looking for by way of price?

I was thinking of just upgrading my bumper lighting as I feel the extra 1800 lumens per cube would make a big difference. I bought 1 pair of pros online from someone for $100 for a pair and am talking to someone else about another pair and they started at $200 so it’s not like I’m spending $1,000 on a behind the grill 30inch lightbar. It seems like a low risk option for me to spend $300 and see how much brighter they actually are.

I looked into a roof light bar but didn’t want the noise associated with it. Also I hear the XL80 will glare off my hood with no stripes and I like the idea of the stock look. If the pros don’t work for me I May consider the behind the grille setup.

It seems like you’d have some options for me when it comes to the sports vs the pros? I’m assuming the pros will brighten everything up near me and down range as well? I think I’ll keep my S2 lights as I can use them at night for dogs and not blind anyone, but I am open to anything you may be suggesting with your questions

OP
OP
FordPerf Addict

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Also the one set I have coming are round, but BAJA told me I could throw my square bezel over the top and it would work so I’ll have to double check that it will actually work

smurfslayer

Reaction score
B/D lights are expensive as ****. They should offer easy financing terms :)

that said, they absolutely rock. The light quality is excellent, the throw is unparalleled, and they’re worth it. It’s possible you can score some used lights, yes. But don’t rule out talking to one of the many supporting vendors, who do their best to troubleshoot by internet forum, not just sell their wares.

The noise is a concern for me too, and honestly I’ve got plenty of forward facing light capability right now.

OP
OP
FordPerf Addict

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Absolutely, I have reached out to nick at Apollo and he has helped me out quite a bit. I just should have done more research the first time around, and I have had no experience with auxiliary lighting before this time around ! I’m happy with the quality fit and finish but I am just looking for a little more oomph

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the BD Unlimited set in the bumper and they are awesome. As stated earlier they are pricey, but they are the overall best in the market, regardless of price point.