Spyderlock Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRASIK_Cdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spyderlock beadlock home

Does anybody have any experience with these beadlock wheels?

I am considering them because they claim that their wheels really can balance with 'internal sticky' weights, but I don't know if they'd be suitable for a Raptor (most of the vehicles on site are Jeeps and rock crawlers). Just doing general Google searches I'm finding random threads on other off-roading sites (like for FJ Cruisers, Tacomas, Jeeps, etc), but I haven't seen any strong opinion or evidence that helps.

I wrote a message on their website yesterday asking about more info for use on a Raptor and no reply yet.

What do you guys think? I'm of the opinion that I don't really beadlocks, but if these things can be balanced then why not have them as an option.

OP
OP
J

JRASIK_Cdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. If I do go with bead locks I'll give them a try. I'm hoping that someone has tried or knows someone who has tried these on a prerunner so I can get a idea of whether they'd be a good idea or not.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had them on several vehicles, I do not think they are not neccessary on a Raptor.

UNLESS:
It is going to be a dedicated prerunner
A dedicated dune runner
A dedicated mud bogger
Or A dedicated rock crawler

Otherwise nonbead lock wheels work great on the Raptor even aired down to 15 psi (or lower in extreme cases). And especailly if it is going to be a daily driver, beadlocks can be a headache with maintenance (checking and retorquing beadlocks)

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i have had them on several vehicles, i do not think they are not neccessary on a raptor.

Unless:
It is going to be a dedicated prerunner to heavy
a dedicated dune runner to heavy
a dedicated mud bogger
or a dedicated rock crawler

otherwise nonbead lock wheels work great on the raptor even aired down to 15 psi (or lower in extreme cases). And especailly if it is going to be a daily driver, beadlocks can be a headache with maintenance (checking and retorquing beadlocks)

jmho

OP
OP
J

JRASIK_Cdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the info. I've crossed them off my list. I dig how they look but not worth the hassle.