Spring Rate and length

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cory s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am searching for spring rate and unsprung length of the oem factory coilsprings on a gen1 and gen 2 super crew.

The reason why. I run the full gen2 suspension on my 2018 v8 F-150. With gen1 coilovers. I would like to see if i can run gen2 springs on gen1 shocks to achieve a better ride. The 640lb spring rate of the gen1 coil is to much.

dubya_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a full gen 2 suspension, I would look into getting some gen 2 coilovers. You should be able to find some front coilovers for around $300 or so. Plus the shock bodies from a gen 1 and gen 2 are totally different.

OP
OP
Cory s

Cory s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a full gen 2 suspension, I would look into getting some gen 2 coilovers. You should be able to find some front coilovers for around $300 or so. Plus the shock bodies from a gen 1 and gen 2 are totally different.
Gen2 coilovers don’t fit because of the length. The space between the shock bolt and coil bucket on my truck is the same as a gen1. I have a set of custom valved gen 1 2.5 fox shocks. Just trying to find correct spring rate.

3D90956E-294C-4EDD-86C3-FF08EB0E2CDE.jpeg

D8F6AF72-9687-4718-8369-70281B7AF1C8.jpeg

dubya_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the gen 2 coil springs are around 533 lb/in. But they are for a 3.0" body shock, so that won't work. I would maybe ask around in the Gen 1 threads to see if anyone makes a spring for the Gen 1 shocks with a lighter spring rate.

My only other suggestion would be to go down to the lowest perch setting on those shocks. That should help with the ride quality. You'll lose some ride height but it should be smoother.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
If you have custom valved shocks they should be valved to your spring rate. Looks like you have them on the top perch which is likely causing your rough ride. The low profile tires aren't helping either.

OP
OP
Cory s

Cory s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have custom valved shocks they should be valved to your spring rate. Looks like you have them on the top perch which is likely causing your rough ride. The low profile tires aren't helping either.
They are on mid perch. Truck with be on 17” methods an 35x12.50r17. Waiting for tires to get here

buckylaine

Reaction score
I'm running gen 2 springs on 2011 Raptor with original gen 1 shocks, bottom perch. The gen 2 springs have a lower spring rate but a 1" taller installed height. So installing the gen 2 spring on gen 1 shock is similar to gen 1 spring at mid perch. Raised the front of my raptor about an 1.5"s.