Spring Bucket Alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willwork04

Reaction score
IMG_2596.jpg I installed my RPG 1.5" collar last night. Very happy with it.

Question: The alignment on one of my spring buckets isn't perfect. See attached picture.

I *think* it should work itself out and rotate around and be fine due to the angles. Is this something I need to fix or is it OK to leave it be? I am also thinking I should not get an alignment until it fully aligns. But, I am also wondering if the force is too strong and too much friction for it to rotate.

Thank you in advance!

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 116080 I installed my RPG 1.5" collar last night. Very happy with it.

Question: The alignment on one of my spring buckets isn't perfect. See attached picture.

I *think* it should work itself out and rotate around and be fine due to the angles. Is this something I need to fix or is it OK to leave it be? I am also thinking I should not get an alignment until it fully aligns. But, I am also wondering if the force is too strong and too much friction for it to rotate.

Thank you in advance!

It ain't going back into place by itself. Also its probably fine to leave it, but that would drive my ocd nuts. In fact it bothers me you haven't fixed it already[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

D

Deleted member 12951

Compress the spring and slide it in place. I wouldn’t leave it like that if it was me.

I purchased some Craftsman spring compressors for $50 that I use when ever adjusting the shocks.