Spray in bed liner. Factory or have dealer do it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had standard line x and the line x premium, or whatever they are calling the more glossy uv resistant blend. I've had them on three trucks, as well as some ATV racks I took in and had sprayed.... all subjected to Cleveland winters' salt and chemicals while being parked outside, and some years of Florida sun exposure. I can say this - line-x is amazingly tough stuff...however the install quality CAN vary depending on the relative skill of the dealer/installer. Both variants of line-x took amazing abuse, however I can say that the UV resistant/glossy stuff is far better over time...as the regular black line-x I got definitely faded to a grey after a few years...whereas the uv resistant stuff really kept its sparkle and good looks. Whatever extra it costs, it's worth it.

Not sure about this - but it appeared from some pics that the factory bedliner they dont spray over the screws/bolts...which in turn may rust over time. ..or on the contrary, line-x could potentially spray over some bolts you want to remove. Know before you spray! ;)

OP
OP
R

rohardi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had a different experience. My truck was built on 12/7 and released for shipping on 12/9; I got the Ford spray in bed liner.

Glad to see it didn't slow your build down! My dealer also gave me the 3 week delay quote too. I would rather have it don from the factory as it would be one less thing for me to do once its here... But everyone seems to like the Line X. What to do...

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to see it didn't slow your build down! My dealer also gave me the 3 week delay quote too. I would rather have it don from the factory as it would be one less thing for me to do once its here... But everyone seems to like the Line X. What to do...

I have no doubts that Line X is probably better, but for what I need, the Ford spray in liner will definitely be more than enough. In addition, it is just one less thing that I will need to run around and get done when I get my truck. For what it's worth, I can't stand having unfinished business, so aside from getting my front windows tinted, my truck should be to my liking when I receive it.

D

Deleted member 12951

The factory liner is thin towards the top and even misses spots, apparently that robot can't adjust like a human at a Line-X shop can. Plus factory sprays over your bed bolts, Line-X removes those before spraying. I would never buy the factory spray liner again. And definitely don't have the dealer do it unless you like to pay for another marked up item that they want to sell you.

u0104940

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm partial to Line-X. The place where I get my trucks done have been family owned and in business for over 15 years. They always do an exceptional job.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm partial to Line-X. The place where I get my trucks done have been family owned and in business for over 15 years. They always do an exceptional job.

I see youre in SoCal, which location have you been to? The El Segundo one is close to me but if youre vouching for a location I might want to check them out.