Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Spots on my Tuxedo Black Raptor

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Cleaning and Detailing Forum' started by ERF-RAPTOR, Sep 16, 2020.

Adam's Polishes
  1. ERF-RAPTOR

ERF-RAPTOR Member

So, I just bought this '13 Tuxedo black Raptor with only 44k miles on it. The truck is in perfect shape but there are these marks on the paint and on the windows that I cannot seem to get off. It looks like some sort of chemical may have gotten onto the truck, but I'm not sure. I've tried applying wax (multiple different types), compound, polish, etc., but I cannot get it off. Does anyone know what this is or how I can get it off?

IMG_9836.JPEG

IMG_9837.JPEG

2. MTF

MTF FRF Addict

The trick of the trade for removing everything off the glass is SOS pads with lots of water.
    Not Brillo, SOS pads use stainless steel fibers where Brillo uses plain steel.
    If it's not coming off then they are chips in the glass.
    For the paint a clay bar is the answer. Unless they are chips in the paint as well.
    The truck could have been in a sand storm or some kind of high wind situation.

3. ERF-RAPTOR

ERF-RAPTOR Member

I'll try the clay bar next. They aren't chips. I wish the photos were a bit more accurate. The blemishes are like scales, but seem to be underneath the clear coat if that makes sense.

4. Antho

Antho Full Access Member

My guess would be they sprayed something on the window rubber trim and over sprayed onto the window and paint. I would hit it with a good clay bar.

5. bigsarge

bigsarge Member

For the glass I would try this or something like it: https://www.mckees37.com/water-spot-remover.html
    I have also used Diamondite to get spots off glass.
    I also apply Aquapel to the windshield. The water beads up and runs off quickly.
    For the paint I would clay it. If claying helps but doesn't get rid of all of it I would use a dual-action polisher and polish.

6. ob1

ob1 Member

I agree with the above but I think you are also dealing with well water iron spots. My sprinkler system uses well water and the iron got baked into the clear coat on hot days. Very difficult to remove if at all. Do some research online but you might look into Ducky Water Spot Remover - typically found in marine stores. I sold that car so never got a chance to try it. Of course, try a small area first.

7. formula42

formula42 Member

They are water spots.. I use Mcguire all wheel wheel cleaner... works great.... after that you can wax or ceramic

8. FiveOsvt

FiveOsvt Member

I just did the whole back window on my 2014 newly purchased raptor that was way worse then that. I used meguiars ultimate compound and it took it off like a champ!. I highly recommend using it. I tried a clay bar and it did absolutely nothing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ERF-RAPTOR likes this.