SPOD Bantam X Vs SwitchPro 9100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been looking at these 2 units & trying to figure out what one is “better” than the other

Anybody using the BantamX & if so, what do you think of it?

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We run the BantamX in our one of our shop trucks and the the SP9100 in another. The Bantam features the LCD touchscreen which is pretty slick while the SP9100 has more of a button style control panel. Functionality wise, they both work great. We have not had issues with either brand and the Bluetooth app/controls are also pretty darn nice. Really comes down to price. SP9100 is less expensive and for the Gen2's at least, there's a really nice 3D printed overhead control panel holder.

We carry both brands. Let us know if we can help!

Happy Thanksgiving

Link to overhead mount and SP9100 combo ---->>>> OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

0p1QsDz.jpg

OP
OP
J

Joey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do like that overhead angled switch pannel. If I understand the SP9100 correctly, it will tie into the stock lights and then you can program any off road lights to come on and go off with the headlights. Is this correct?

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran one of the older SPOD touch’s and have a lot of experience with the Switch-Pro’s. The touch screen was cool, but I really like the tactile feel with the Switch-Pro. With the touch screen, you have to focus on it to make sure you push the right button. Which can be difficult while flying through the desert.

To answer your other question, yes, you can tie different inputs to them. So if you want to have an output come on with the high-beams, that’s doable. But found it’s not not really that usable because I don’t want 6 LP lights coming on every time that I turn my high beams on.

Hope that makes sense

Paul

OP
OP
J

Joey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran one of the older SPOD touch’s and have a lot of experience with the Switch-Pro’s. The touch screen was cool, but I really like the tactile feel with the Switch-Pro. With the touch screen, you have to focus on it to make sure you push the right button. Which can be difficult while flying through the desert.

To answer your other question, yes, you can tie different inputs to them. So if you want to have an output come on with the high-beams, that’s doable. But found it’s not not really that usable because I don’t want 6 LP lights coming on every time that I turn my high beams on.

Hope that makes sense

Paul

Thanks, sounds like Switch Pro is the way to go

I have 2 Squadron Sports & 2 S2 Sports wide corning I want to come on and off with the brights to light up 2 lane county paved and unpaved roads and ditches better looking for critters. Speeds will be under 55mph for the most part and not having to reach up to flip switches to me is way safer

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
50FEA2B9-5ED2-4335-BE56-B06076FF56A9.jpeg
Thanks, sounds like Switch Pro is the way to go

I have 2 Squadron Sports & 2 S2 Sports wide corning I want to come on and off with the brights to light up 2 lane county paved and unpaved roads and ditches better looking for critters. Speeds will be under 55mph for the most part and not having to reach up to flip switches to me is way safer
That would be easy. You’d just need to tap into the high beam circuit and run that back to one of the inputs on the Switch-Pro (or the sPOD as they have inputs as well). Then you just program it from your phone to turn on whatever outputs the Squadrons and S2’s are connected to.

Here’s a pic of the passenger side headlight connector on my ‘19.