Split second of high volume when making and receiving phone calls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nfalconer

Reaction score
I drive around hooked up to the truck with my Android phone. If I make a call or receive a call, the music I'm listening to gets super loud for a moment before the call starts. To give you an idea of what I mean, if I have the volume on 10, it sounds like it goes to 20 for about a half second.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm wondering if it's the combination of things I'm doing, or the devices I'm using. I am connecting to the truck with an Android phone via USB-C, and I am (always) listening to Apple Music. I keep checking for Sync updates to fix this. It scares the hell out of me every time it happens.

Edit: Just realized there is an audio section of the forum. I guess I should have posted there. Oh well.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
This happens to me on my '20 Gen 2 funny its carried over to the Gen 3's. It happens when I'm using Amazon music through android auto (plugged in) and then I dial out using the voice commands. Never really bothered me and now I just turn the volume down before I make a call.