Speedo is off with stock size tires.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

garberz

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2014 and driving home the 150 mi. I noticed the speedo reads about 9 mph faster than I’m actually going. It has stock size tires, is there a way to calibrate this? This is this only issue so far.

Mark

OP
OP
garberz

garberz

Reaction score
Buy a cheap tuner. Hopefully the PO didn’t have a tune on it or you are F*cked

A tune with a speedo recalibrate, there would be something inline on the back of the cluster? Can it be re-tuned, or simply removed if there is actually a tune on it? There’s no other mods that indicate there’s a tune or a chip on this. The front struts are on the top perch, and the tires are new. Maybe it had 37’s before.

Mark

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A tune with a speedo recalibrate, there would be something inline on the back of the cluster? Can it be re-tuned, or simply removed if there is actually a tune on it? There’s no other mods that indicate there’s a tune or a chip on this. The front struts are on the top perch, and the tires are new. Maybe it had 37’s before.

Mark
My guess would be the PO was running 37s did a recal to set the new tires size and then put cheaper new tires on to sell. You might be able to overwrite it just depends how the tune was done ie what tuner model was used. If that’s the case just buy 37s next tine you are up for tires problem solved

OP
OP
garberz

garberz

Reaction score
My guess would be the PO was running 37s did a recal to set the new tires size and then put cheaper new tires on to sell. You might be able to overwrite it just depends how the tune was done ie what tuner model was used. If that’s the case just buy 37s next tine you are up for tires problem solved

I think that is what’s going on too. I bought this from a dealer, previous owner traded it in. The dealer put new tires on it, the cheapest 315/70’s available.