special transport for Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are only two spots on a real car carrier that a Raptor will fit and that depends on the trailer. If it’s a high rail trailer it will only fit on the top back and if it’s a newer low rail trailer top front and top back of trailer. I have a older low rail and my Raptor only fits in the top back.

High Rail. Raptor won’t fit between the posts.
062AC56A-582F-479C-9BB3-7FB96674B199.jpeg

Low Rail
C2828E7F-14FE-4BA6-9E8E-4D3D757E281C.jpeg

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine showed up on top of an 18 wheeler car hauler at 10pm in my neighborhood. :Big Laugh: Neighbors had their faces glued to their windows peering out trying to figure out what the crazy neighbor (me) was doing now. I wish I had a picture of my raptor sitting on top of that lit up rig getting backed off lit up like a Christmas tree like they do. Freaking awesome. My son and I were like nothing to see here move along people. :anitoof: I tipped the guy signed the paperwork and went to drive my baby off but my 18 year old was standing inside the drivers door and I looked at the big rig driver and said well shit...now what? Should I let him drive it first?....and the big rig driver just laughed and said idk. I looked back at my boy and said “ok son jump in you can drive it first”. He grinned ear to ear and off we went terrorizing the hood. :grd: Awesome memories and a great truck.

Blade

Reaction score
I had my 2019 Gen 2 shipped on an open standard vehicle transport truck from MI to FL. Paid $750, all in.

195DA7E5-6473-4DFF-8C82-56D18ACBBEB0.jpeg

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 months ago my son and I flew to WV to pick up my Raptor and then drove it back to Utah. My son and I had a great time hooning it all the way home. While we hit a ton of dirt roads coming back, I really wished I’d done the TAT. Just didn’t have 7-10 days to do it right

TannerK17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, how’d you find or at least try to find your transport? I’ve shipped vehicles before to Las Vegas and never had an issue using UShip when it came to getting good quotes and I pretty much always had a good experience with the drivers. Might be worth a shot.

But, I also know when I tried over the summer for my Gen 1, it was a pain to get a decent price from Northern Cal to Las Vegas off of UShip. I think partially due to everything going on and the all of these transport companies being busy. It may have slowed down a little bit and be worth a try now though. All of the ‘independent’ companies I reached out to were a joke as they’re all tied back to the same companies. I think I still get emails from some of them asking me if I’d like their services.

Also, my family has the contact for a guy who runs an enclosed transport company that brought my dads Bug from Michigan to Las Vegas. He wasn’t too bad on price then (August of 2019). While I never checked for pricing for my Raptor and I’m not sure if it would even fit, we had a great experience with him prior. Let me know if you’d like his contact and I’ll get it for you.
3505A624-6E99-491A-A73F-8F67AFA9EC3C.jpeg D725564F-4B1E-44CB-9120-A509E7702CD9.jpeg

tractorman

Reaction score
I'll confirm what was said above, the Raptor won't fit in just any slot on a car hauler. I had mine hauled from Ohio to California just prior to covid and it was harder than normal to get a good quote. When I questioned the delay and the higher price than was initially quoted I was told it would only fit in certain spots on the carrier. I was initially quoted $1200, ended up paying $1500.